screen turns off when swiping threw apps

tony442

Reaction score
Just got droid max 2 days ago to replace my HD when I go into my main app menu and swipe threw em my screen turns off I've tried everything clearing memory changing things around with the display settings I can't figure it out

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Just got droid max 2 days ago to replace my HD when I go into my main app menu and swipe threw em my screen turns off I've tried everything clearing memory changing things around with the display settings I can't figure it out

Screen protector perhaps blocking the proximity sensor?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
T

tony442

Reaction score
Thanks I feel like an ass I still have the factory proctor on it i have not had Time to get to Verizon for new ones I did the amazon 69buck deal and would not let me add things to the order

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yep. That'll do it. Take a pair of scissors or razor blade and cut out the sensor area and you're good to go.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
T

tony442

Reaction score
I can deal with it till I get to Verizon tomorrow

ChrisMAXX

Reaction score
My maxx just did the same thing .... I have no protector , and my finger was nowhere near the sensor at all.... Strange...

Sent from my XT1080 using Droid Forums

OP
T

tony442

Reaction score
I think lighting in the area your in has something to do with it to

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The sensor for the maxx is a little too sensitive..I can put my hand an inch away from mine and it will black the screen..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
The sensor for the maxx is a little too sensitive..I can put my hand an inch away from mine and it will black the screen..

The sensor is set by the factory for a distance of 3cm. That's about 1.2 inches. It may be too far a distance and might be better set to perhaps 1/2" instead, however it is what it is.

To see it in action, download and install;

Proximity Sensor Finder
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tigermonster.proxfinder&hl=en.
Sensor.JPG

Once run, it will display one of two values (on Motorolas). It will either say 100cm or 3cm. As you bring your hand closer to the sensor from above the screen, once you reach a distance of approximately 3cm, the display should change to 3cm. For other phones/brands it may actually give you a dynamic reading of the distance but not with Motorola.