Screen trouble

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Hey folks, I've owned my Nexus 6P since June of 2016. I bought it new through amazon. I never had a sim card in it because I only use it with wifi and gaming.

Here's my problem, the screen, on the bottom, is pulling off the phone, It still works but I don't like this. Any solutions?

Anyone else having this trouble?

Thank you in advance.

ma5XOqi.jpg

OP
MarBearCat

MarBearCat

Reaction score
That's what I was afraid of. Where do I get it checked?

Maybe I should just trash it and look for a new phone?

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
That's what I was afraid of. Where do I get it checked?

Maybe I should just trash it and look for a new phone?

that I cannot tell you. did you order it online or locally? if locally, take it back to the place you got it. if online, maybe take it to your service providers store and have it checked out. or you can contact google. one thing for sure, you now have a good excuse to get a new phone.

OP
MarBearCat

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I think what I'll do is not use if for now since I only game with it. Review all the repair videos on youtube, there are quite a few on this issue. Then buy a replacement battery and give the Mr Fix-it roll a shot.

Thanks for replying!

OP
MarBearCat

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I ordered a new battery from ebay along with a few tools. Took me around 40 min to fix. The old battery was puffy and fat.
Does anyone know what make the battery this way? Is it full of some sort of gas?

Any who, my phone is back to normal!

OP
MarBearCat

MarBearCat

Reaction score
This is the video I followed to aid me in repairing my phone. To be honest,
I had less trouble than he did. :-D

OP
MarBearCat

MarBearCat

Reaction score
that I cannot tell you. did you order it online or locally? if locally, take it back to the place you got it. if online, maybe take it to your service providers store and have it checked out. or you can contact google. one thing for sure, you now have a good excuse to get a new phone.

Back to normal! :)

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I ordered a new battery from ebay along with a few tools. Took me around 40 min to fix. The old battery was puffy and fat.
Does anyone know what make the battery this way? Is it full of some sort of gas?

Any who, my phone is back to normal!

it could be a lot of things from faulty battery to bad charger, to bad phone electronics, to just plain old.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good deal @MarBearCat ! Glad you were able to repair the phone yourself. I recently invested about $40 into cell phone repair tools and glue and replaced two phone screens for family members. It was not as difficult as I thought.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk