Screen toughness.

Berniep

Reaction score
I am getting ready to go with an extended battery and was getting ready to give up my otterbox for a tpu case with no screen protector. I can never get those stick on ones to go down without getting dust or air bubbles on them.
I had an iphone for over two years with no screen protector and it has one nick that you have to hold up to the light at just the right angle with the screen off to see it.
But last night I got home and noticed a major scratch across my otterbox screen cover and now I am nervous about going topless.

Anyone know how the gorrilla glas compares to the iphone screen?

I guess I could always buy a few screen protectors and go to a friends paint booth and work on it until I get it right.
Or maybe take a dremel to my otterbox, or my new otterbox since I cant look through that scratch:blink:

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
I had an iphone 3gs and never noticed a scratch on its screen, and haven't seen a scratch on my bionic either (had since launch day). I'm not exactly careful with phones, either. Never dropped one *knock on wood* but I don't take any special precautions with them or their screens, and have never used a case other than a skin-it sticker, which hardly counts as a case anyway.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

markc23

Reaction score
The only reason I have a screen protector on is because the fingerprints aren't as bad. If you do decide to go with one, close the door in your bathroom, run the shower on hot for a few minutes, steam the room up, then put the screen protector on. Great dust prevention measure when installing.

OP
B

Berniep

Reaction score
The only reason I have a screen protector on is because the fingerprints aren't as bad. If you do decide to go with one, close the door in your bathroom, run the shower on hot for a few minutes, steam the room up, then put the screen protector on. Great dust prevention measure when installing.

Good tip thanks.

TvVoice

Reaction score
I am getting ready to go with an extended battery and was getting ready to give up my otterbox for a tpu case with no screen protector. I can never get those stick on ones to go down without getting dust or air bubbles on them.
I had an iphone for over two years with no screen protector and it has one nick that you have to hold up to the light at just the right angle with the screen off to see it.
But last night I got home and noticed a major scratch across my otterbox screen cover and now I am nervous about going topless.

I guess I could always buy a few screen protectors and go to a friends paint booth and work on it until I get it right.
Or maybe take a dremel to my otterbox, or my new otterbox since I cant look through that scratch:blink:

I cannot tell you how gorilla glass compares to the iPhone screen, but I can tell you that any cell phone screen is scratchable. Do yourself a favor... get yourself a package of 3 screen protectors and change them whenever 1 gets fairly well scratched up. When it's on your cellphone you'll hardly even notice that it's there. And when it gets a scratch you'll be glad it was there!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I go without a screen protector but its a risk. As said about Gorilla Glass is definitely scratch-able, especially if you get sand or small stones on it.

TvVoice

Reaction score
Sometimes I go without a screen protector but its a risk. As said about Gorilla Glass is definitely scratch-able, especially if you get sand or small stones on it.

You get small stones on your cellphone screen?!! Where do you use your phone, in a quarry? LOL!!!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
You get small stones on your cellphone screen?!! Where do you use your phone, in a quarry? LOL!!!

Lol:biggrin:. Yes I use my cellphone as a flashlight when I am working down in the quarry. I'd say it's fine not to have a screen protector if one pays mind to what is one their screen before they brush it off. If you plan on selling it in the future, a scratched screen will reduce the price you may get for it. If you can stand having a screen protector on then might as well keep one on.

Last edited:

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score

Took a serrated knife to my bionic screen an still couldnt scratch it

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had a bionic with an extended battery and the otterbox, took a dremel to it, worked flawlessly - I'll try to find the pictures :)

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or get the Mugen slim extended battery. Fits in the original area so it won't increase the size so you can use the original case. It's about $45, though.

aqworldthunder

Darth Droid
Reaction score
Well, I bought a $10 skull case from metropcs and dropped like 25 times and doesn't have a scratch.

-AqworldThunder ;) ^…^ ¶.¶ *.* Thank me if i helped please!