Screen touch problem

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by Nasa, Apr 15, 2012.

1. evanlec

evanlec New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Meaning you used the razor blade to slide in around the outside edge of the screen? (i.e. the small space between the where the screen edge ends and the plastic frame begins?

2. d1mm3r

d1mm3r New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, exactly.

3. stani

stani New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This recently happened to me, I guessed that the left half digitizer ribbon cable became dislodged because the right half of the screen still worked. I watched a 6 minute video on how to get to the replacement digitizer screen, and you have to dis-assemble everything to get to the screen, it is the last piece in the project. I recommend you buy a new D2G, they are out there, it's a 956, do not buy a 955, that's a Droid 2. Or go to your Verizon store, most of the techs know a good cellular phone repair guy to recommend. I estimated that buying a new screen and labor charges would be around 140, and I bought a new one with old software for 168 with free shipping. It came with the old .607 sofware, so I can root with Pete's Tools, and disable updates and tether and keep my grand-fathered 3G data plan until I break or drop my phone again. If you can upgrade, do it, but if you go from 3G to 4G LTE, whatever that means, you will lose your "unlimited" data plan if it is "Grandfathered" sometime in July - August.

4. wwwXpert

wwwXpert New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My Droid2 had the same problem... the phone started to freak out... apps opening and closing on its own, etc... It's due to moisture. Here's how I fixed it which will cost you about $5 and time to drive to a florist.

If you have florist or an arts & crafts store nearby, get some desccant and place the phone in an airtight container packed with the desiccant. It'll absorb all the moisture from your phone. Desiccant is silica gel pellets used to dry flowers. For maximum efficiency, heat the pellets in an oven (not microwave) to remove any existing moisture from the pellets. Leave it in the container for about 48 hours to thoroughly dry out the phone.

You can also use dried rice but you'll have to leave it in the container for about 5 days instead for thorough moisture absorption.

Hope that works!

Search tags for this page
cyanogenmod touch screen not working
how to fix screen on lgl38c phone
i have a droid 2 global digitizer is freaking out tonight cl
lg l38c screen wont work
lg l38c touch screen not working
lgl38c screen blinks on and off

lgl38c touch screen not working

lgl38c touchscreen not working
touch screen wont work lg l38c
touchscreen quit working on lgl38c