screen timeout setting not staying

bhawks

Reaction score
Ok I was wondering if anyone else was having the same problem, and if anyone knew of a solution. I want to set my screen timeout to 1 minute or at least 30 seconds but for some reason it always seems to revert back to 15 seconds on its own. I have reset this setting many times and the next day it always seems to go back to 15. Anyone know whats up?

BrianSusan

Reaction score
I am having the same problem. Everytime I reboot I lose my screen timeout setting.

FireDroid

Reaction score
Same here, when I turn phone off and turn it back on it reverts to 15 sec.

jasonb

Reaction score
Mine stays at 30 seconds, just where I set it.

BrianSusan

Reaction score
I am starting to think the first place to look at regarding odd behavior is apps. I changed my screen timeout to 30 minutes and rebooted my phone and it reverted back to 2 minutes. I repeated this 4 times in a row with the same result. I then removed the app: LOCALE and the problem went away immediately. I repeated this again 4 times with the same result. Just to make sure I then reinstalled LOCALE and sure enough the problem came back. Once again I removed and the problem was also once again removed.

All these apps are great and loads of fun but it will be the first thing I look at anymore when I have a problem and will start asking if I truly need this app before installing.

devil94

Reaction score
I am starting to think the first place to look at regarding odd behavior is apps. I changed my screen timeout to 30 minutes and rebooted my phone and it reverted back to 2 minutes. I repeated this 4 times in a row with the same result. I then removed the app: LOCALE and the problem went away immediately. I repeated this again 4 times with the same result. Just to make sure I then reinstalled LOCALE and sure enough the problem came back. Once again I removed and the problem was also once again removed.

All these apps are great and loads of fun but it will be the first thing I look at anymore when I have a problem and will start asking if I truly need this app before installing.

Thanks for the insight ... another relatively unused application in the uninstall bucket. Perhaps we need to start a thread on problem applications.