Screen timeout problems.

tomatofoot

Reaction score
First off, I'd like to say I've looked around the forum and did find some topics on this and when I posted on them I got no reply.... so I'll make a new thread.

My screen timeout will not shut off my screen, no matter what time limit I have set. I have to power down and restart to fix it, or manually shut off the screen with the side button.

Some old topics say the GoSMS feature is to blame, but what is that? Others say smart actions, but none of my actions involve the screen timeout.

I just came to razr from a droid 2 global, and dont k.ow how to fix this.

Any help?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

BullysonRazor

Reaction score
Dude my wifes phone is the same way..I was hoping the update would of corrected it...I myself tried numerous things and method s and now starting too believe its a hardware issue or its a bad phone..she's had this problem for awhile already.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Dude my wifes phone is the same way..I was hoping the update would of corrected it...I myself tried numerous things and method s and now starting too believe its a hardware issue or its a bad phone..she's had this problem for awhile already.
Have either one of you guys tried running you Razr in SafeMode to see if a 3rd party app is causing the problem. If not you might consider giving that a try. If the problem goes away while in SafeMode then there is a 3rd party causing the problem. If you still have a display timeout issue then try a Factory Reset...I know its a PIA but that's about all that is left to try. SafeMode go here:Safe Mode - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA