Screen timeout in Car Dock

dewey

Reaction score
I don't have an actual dock but I like using the car dock app when I'm driving. I can plug my Driod 2 into the car charger and set it in a cup holder where I can see it nicely. Problem is, the screeen times out every 2 minutes (defaul setting). This makes the large buttons useless. I am assuming that plugging into an actual dock tells the thing not to timeout? Or is the native app simply useless in that regard?

Does anyone know if there is a way to have the timeout setting change automatically when activating the car dock app? Alternatively, is there a better app in the market that does essentially the same thing as the native app?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks. :icon_ banana:

whozat451

Reaction score
Same here! An app that will keep the screen from timing out when its charging would be good. I know you can set the Keep Awake setting, but the screen still dims. Even manually you can only set this to a max of 15 minutes (on Froyo anyway).

GolfOx

Reaction score
A small refrigerator Magnet on the back od your droid2 will cause it to open car dock and should keep it open. You may have to tape it to the battery door but mine sticks ok. I learned this from having a case with magnetic closure (caused battery problem,discharge faster in holster)