Screen Time Out Issue.

mkebklyn

Reaction score
I Have the Motorola Droid using 2.1. I am having a screen time out problem. I reset the screen to time out to 10 min instead of the default 30 seconds. The setting constantly resets to the default 30 seconds. This will time out even if I am using the phone or an app. The problem started a short time after the upgrade to 2.1 but it was working fine. It doesn't change for a while and then it could change two to four times a day. Thanks in advance.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, mkebklyn! Have you tried making the setting change and then turning the Droid off and on? See if that might help. I have mine set to only a minute, but it has stayed ever since I made the change. Let us know what happens...

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I'm having this issue as well... I allways set it to 2 minutes.. then it reverts to 30 seconds after a while... Very annoying, I hope someone comes up with a fix. Oh, I'm rooted with DroidMod 1.0 (didn't take the 2.1 update).

smokiedabong

Reaction score
You may want to try Screebl , it's an application that uses your phone accelerometer so the phone won't time out while it's in a vertical position , it's only timing out when laid down .

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
I have screeble.... I thought this may be my issue.. but I don't see any option within that changes the screen time out. Its not an issue while on the phone, screeble does its job. Its when I'm browsing or playing a game... and the thing reverts back to 30 seconds and goes to sleep on me several times a day.. SO annoying. More ideas plz!

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Screebl is meant to be active when you are browsing or doing other activities so the screen won't time out while holding up your phone . Why are you using it while on the phone and not the rest of the time?

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
lol.. no.. screeble is on.. but usually while I'm surfing/gaming, the Droid is lying flat on the table, which negates screeble.

OP
M

mkebklyn

Reaction score
Thanks

Welcome to the forum, mkebklyn! Have you tried making the setting change and then turning the Droid off and on? See if that might help. I have mine set to only a minute, but it has stayed ever since I made the change. Let us know what happens...

Thank You that seems to work.
Have not had any problems since trying that.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Thank You that seems to work.
Have not had any problems since trying that.

Good deal! I love a happy ending! :D