Screen tilt and/or auto-rotate question...

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I got my girlfriend the HTC Droid Incredible the same day I got the Droid 2 back in September of last year and haven't really given her phone much notice till now because I'm carefully researching ways to root her Incredible. I've done just about everything there is to my D2 but one thing that bugs me about her phone is the way the screen is suppose to rotate by movement.

Like on my D2 if I have the long way up and I tilt it to the side, the screen rotates to fit width-wise. But on her Incredible, it doesn't do that for some reason. The auto-rotate box is checked in Display settings. Only time I notice the screen rotate is when I'm on certain apps like texting, or the web browser or whatever. But when I'm just at the home screen it just stays length-wise and doesn't seem to rotate width-wise when tilt like my D2 does.

I find this irritating and so does she but she never addressed it to me and I just noticed it tonight. I should've gotten her the D2 too but she liked the Incredible better. Any help on this would be much appreciated. If there is already a thread then feel free to post the link and I'll take a look!

DInc23

Reaction score
Rooting it and installing 2.3 roms fix that and makes the phone so much faster and better. I rooted my phone and haven't looked back.

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums App

OP
TheSwaggeR

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
No, not a very good idea to just root and install a ROM on it to fix a problem. It needs to be addressed before rooting. Since this is a stock issue, it's more wise to fix stock issues first before rooting and installing ROMs.

DInc23

Reaction score
True but mine did the same. So I don't believe it's a problem more so than just the way stock is. 2.3 updates that and is better on battery and overall performance. The only thing is no official 2.3 update for the incredible.

Sent from my Incredible using DroidForums App

CursedArmand

Reaction score
No, not a very good idea to just root and install a ROM on it to fix a problem. It needs to be addressed before rooting. Since this is a stock issue, it's more wise to fix stock issues first before rooting and installing ROMs.

Instead of rooting why not just download a replacement home screen like ADW.Launcher? That allows auto-rotation on the home screen and very customizable. Plus no rooting

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App