Screen tearing

Norb

Reaction score
Hi! I am a new smart phone user and I just received my Rezound the other day from Amazon. So far the phone has been great, except for one problem that I am having. When I use the screen for a while (a min or so) I notice these screen tears. I guess they are similar to how a monitor would act when it isn't on the proper refresh rate? Has anyone else had this problem? and if you have, were you able to fix it?

cp24eva

Reaction score
Not getting what you are saying. AND, i heard from another user that Amazon is possibly selling some faulty batch of phones. He got a replacement from the VZW store and works like a charm.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
My girlfriend's Rezound is doing the same thing. And this is the replacement that Amazon sent her, as the first one had data drop issues and static when playing music through the headphones.

From what I can gather, the Amazon batch of Rezounds has an unusually high failure rate, like they got a bad batch or something. I don't know what is up, but the local VZW stores say that they get people with Amazon phones coming in constantly with issues, most of them hardware related and not your usual "I don't know what I am doing" type of issues... Random reboots, poor phone call quality, dropped data, screen issues, headphones have static, etc...

Personally, I would steer clear of Amazon Rezounds right now.

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi! I am a new smart phone user and I just received my Rezound the other day from Amazon. So far the phone has been great, except for one problem that I am having. When I use the screen for a while (a min or so) I notice these screen tears. I guess they are similar to how a monitor would act when it isn't on the proper refresh rate? Has anyone else had this problem? and if you have, were you able to fix it?

Return the phone, do not pass go, do not give anyone money. Sounds like you have a loose connection that it only exacerbated by the heat the phone puts off with extended use. Return the phone.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Amazon thing is interesting to hear b/c I read a rumor awhile back that Amazon, Costco, etc, get the batches that didn't necessarily pass all the QC tests.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Amazon thing is interesting to hear b/c I read a rumor awhile back that Amazon, Costco, etc, get the batches that didn't necessarily pass all the QC tests.

Which would explain how they can sell a $750 phone for a penny. I mean, the get a commission for selling an additional line for VZW, but it cannot be all that much, surely not enough to cover even the $299 contract price that they could be getting.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Wow, this is news to me.....so note to self...never buy from Amazon, Costco, or pretty much anyone other than VZW. Haha. I've had a problem free phone. Bought straight from VZW.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, my Rezound came from VZW and it had to be exchanged because of reboot issues and call issues, where when I am talking to someone, my voice would fade in and out... This one seems fine though...

Fonzz

Reaction score

I highly doubt this. I got my bionic from Costco and it works beautifully.
Way to help spread the rumor though! :rockon:

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt this. I got my bionic from Costco and it works beautifully.
Way to help spread the rumor though! :rockon:

But if they do have a higher rate of returned phones, there might be something to it.

Love your avatar. Met Henry at the Dallas Airport a couple years ago, he was on our flight. Got to chat with him for a couple minutes, one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

OP
N

Norb

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies! I guess I'll be replacing the phone then. cp24eva, do you by any chance know how the other user got the replacement phone through verizon? From what I understand all returns/replacements bought from Amazon must go through Amazon. But if that is not the case, then that would be great! Save myself some time.

OP
N

Norb

Reaction score
Damn...alright, hopefully that rumor is just a rumor and they'll give me a phone that works properly.