Screen slightly brighter at the bottom?

amajamar

Reaction score
Anyone notice this? I traded my last Gnex for another one due to signal issues,and I'm noticing this one's screen is a little different.

Just checkin' if I'm the only one having this issue.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I do not see anything like that on mine.

rjcapp

Reaction score
My screen is not brighter. I do however have signal issues

Is your signal issue fixed?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

xDMONEYx

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Twitter
bentxnail
I guess not all AMOLED screens are the same. I forget the specific reasoning though. So if someone knows, take it from here. Ha ha.

Last edited:
OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
My screen is not brighter. I do however have signal issues

Is your signal issue fixed?

Will know better tomorrow when I go to work. I did get a replacement yesterday, and it seemed better while driving home and observing the handoffs. Seemed pretty seemless with only a few seconds between tower connections.

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
ICS has a gradient to it, yes? In other words, if you look at Status or any Settings page, for example, it lightens up at the bottom of the page, right? I can't remember if the last Gnex looked the same...

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
ICS has a gradient to it, yes? In other words, if you look at Status or any Settings page, for example, it lightens up at the bottom of the page, right? I can't remember if the last Gnex looked the same...

^This

You can download an app called Screen Test and it will give you many different colors and whatnot to see if there is actually a difference in brightness at the bottom, but I think it's unlikely.

Usually if there is a variance in brightness it will be a specific spot, not a whole section like the bottom. This is due to amoled technology being 'grown' and not built. They sometimes have some variances due to being an organic material.

jeffv2

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah ics has a gradient on it, dark at the top and lighter at the bottom. But maybe there could be a little difference from the slight curvature of the glass screen?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Good info guys.

@OP, sorry but since you hadn't noticed this on your first phone I misinterpreted what you meant.

OP
A

amajamar

Reaction score
^This

You can download an app called Screen Test and it will give you many different colors and whatnot to see if there is actually a difference in brightness at the bottom, but I think it's unlikely.

Usually if there is a variance in brightness it will be a specific spot, not a whole section like the bottom. This is due to amoled technology being 'grown' and not built. They sometimes have some variances due to being an organic material.

I did use screen test and found that it is a little bit brighter at the bottom, and it becomes less noticable when the brightness is higher. It is most noticable when the brightness is very low.