Screen shots of phone at work

Jamber

Reaction score
I've only had this phone 2 months and I am finding more and more uses for it. Simply amazing! Sound analysis and vibration analysis are great apps for predictive maintenance. Plus being able to view the work PC anywhere, anytime.
The green unit is a positive displacement blower. Three lobed blower and you can see when each one sends a pulse, very cool.
Picture%2BA1.jpg

Picture%2BB.jpg
Picture%2BC.jpg

Benton

Reaction score
I work in the HVAC industry and have found the two apps you mention to be very useful in the field. I also use Bubble to prove level or deviation from level as well.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Cool...But I am guessing the company does not provide tools to work with?

leobg

Reaction score
I work in the HVAC industry and have found the two apps you mention to be very useful in the field. I also use Bubble to prove level or deviation from level as well.

Careful with the bubble - due to the camera hump phone does not always lay level. But if you got the ext battery with ext battery lid, this wouldn't be a problem.

Nice to see phone used in professional manner. Same here, VPN and remote management is task #1 of my D2g!
Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jamber

Reaction score
Tools

Hello
They ok's me to purchase the phone without knowing it would have extra uses. The more items I can use it for the less tools I need. And less I have to spend. The phone has paid for itself already by not having to get two more meters to test equipment. Now if it could have a thermal scanner, I would be happy as a peach. :) Love me droid. The dash cam app will be helpful when plowing season starts again.

jamber

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Hello
They ok's me to purchase the phone without knowing it would have extra uses. The more items I can use it for the less tools I need. And less I have to spend. The phone has paid for itself already by not having to get two more meters to test equipment. Now if it could have a thermal scanner, I would be happy as a peach. :) Love me droid. The dash cam app will be helpful when plowing season starts again.

jamber

Ah..cool. Just can't fathom buying my own work tools.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Often the “tools” provided by your employer are such low quality that you feel like buying yourself a better kit. Speaking from personal experience (I once got so frustrated by $100 15" LCD displays and Celeron 533-based desktops with 512M RAM running Windows Vista at work that I bought myself a top tier 15" laptop — which instantly cured itching in my eyes).

My current phone, a 9300, helps a lot with my work too, by providing SSH terminal with qwerty keyboard which even has an Esc key.

My Droid 2 Global is on its way to me, though, so I'm wondering how do I input 'Esc' on a Droid series phone, haha.

leobg

Reaction score
Often the “tools” provided by your employer are such low quality that you feel like buying yourself a better kit. Speaking from personal experience (I once got so frustrated by $100 15" LCD displays and Celeron 533-based desktops with 512M RAM running Windows Vista at work that I bought myself a top tier 15" laptop — which instantly cured itching in my eyes).

My current phone, a 9300, helps a lot with my work too, by providing SSH terminal with qwerty keyboard which even has an Esc key.

My Droid 2 Global is on its way to me, though, so I'm wondering how do I input 'Esc' on a Droid series phone, haha.

Fellow Nokia communicator user? (assuming you meant that under "9300")? Yeah they rock - I come from E90 :)

ConnectBot gets you the ESC key - no worries, if unmapped to custom key like camera for example, by default it is just 2 button pushes away (click OK once for CTRL, click OK twice for ESC)