Screen Shots and Discussion for themes 1.0

slider112

Reaction score
here you go Joels blackbar mod with the rEVOlution battery images

http://www.jbthemes.com/bgill55/sapphire-1.0.0-black_bar-revbat_update.zip

havent tested it but it should work!!!

I'm still running 1.0 with the original black bar theme... can i just install this over top of my existing setup or do I need to revert back to stock first?

right over is fine on 1.0

Thanks bgill, this worked great... no problems at all.

While I'm thinking of it... If you wouldn't mind I'd like to pick your brain, or anyone elses, for a moment....

If I wanted to, say, take it a step further and change all of the 3G symbols to the ones from the rEVOLution theme as well would I be able to simply replace the PNG images for the 3G symbols within the drawable-hdpi folder in the framework-res.apk file of the revised black bar zip file you made, and then copy that file into the /system/framework/ directory using Root Explorer and overwrite the framework-res.apk file that is already there? That file would then essentially be exactly the same as the older one, just with updated 3G symbols correct? Or would I actually have to zip this up and install like the previous theme again?

Any info would be great; I don't relish monkeying around with things without at least acting like I know what I'm doing :D

Thanks in advance

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm still running 1.0 with the original black bar theme... can i just install this over top of my existing setup or do I need to revert back to stock first?

While I'm thinking of it... If you wouldn't mind I'd like to pick your brain, or anyone elses, for a moment....

If I wanted to, say, take it a step further and change all of the 3G symbols to the ones from the rEVOLution theme as well would I be able to simply replace the PNG images for the 3G symbols within the drawable-hdpi folder in the framework-res.apk file of the revised black bar zip file you made, and then copy that file into the /system/framework/ directory using Root Explorer and overwrite the framework-res.apk file that is already there? That file would then essentially be exactly the same as the older one, just with updated 3G symbols correct? Or would I actually have to zip this up and install like the previous theme again?

Any info would be great; I don't relish monkeying around with things without at least acting like I know what I'm doing :D

Thanks in advance

Yes replace the images in framework but never use RE to copy over framework either push it While in revovery or reflash the updated theme

slider112

Reaction score

Thanks in advance

Yes replace the images in framework but never use RE to copy over framework either push it While in revovery or reflash the updated theme

Thanks for the quick response! Ok, so I unzipped everything in the original file you created (sapphire-1.0.0-black_bar-revbat_update.zip) and replaced all of the stat_sys_data*.png files in the framework with the new rEVOLution ones; then zipped everything back up and created an update.zip file. I should then just be able to flash this updated theme like before, yes?

Big favor: before I or anyone else runs with this would there be any way I could bother someone to take a look at the file and see if everything looks right? This is my first time manipulating these types of files, and while it's well within my comfort level I just wanted to make sure everything was on the up and up... on the job learning here :D

Thanks in advance!

File is here:

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the quick response! Ok, so I unzipped everything in the original file you created (sapphire-1.0.0-black_bar-revbat_update.zip) and replaced all of the stat_sys_data*.png files in the framework with the new rEVOLution ones; then zipped everything back up and created an update.zip file. I should then just be able to flash this updated theme like before, yes?

Big favor: before I or anyone else runs with this would there be any way I could bother someone to take a look at the file and see if everything looks right? This is my first time manipulating these types of files, and while it's well within my comfort level I just wanted to make sure everything was on the up and up... on the job learning here :D

Thanks in advance!

File is here:

you really dont have to unzip everything just use Winrar or the like and drag and drop you new images into the the old theme zip. and reflash! make sure they go into the correct folders of course!

droib

Reaction score
Sorry if I've missed some major announcement, but I was wondering if anybody knows if there has been or will be any further news of a Dark Edge theme for Sapphire. I put it on v.0.8.4 and had just enough time to fall in love with it before v.1.0 dropped. The Team Chaos pages look kind of dead but it looks like bgill55 is/was a member so maybe he knows something?

On another note, I've found that the ADW launcher theme ADWTheme Colorless (from the Market) will render ALL of your icons in grayscale, very useful in getting a unified look when having lots of non-system apps on you home screen. See screenshot. BTW I'm using 1.1.0 with the smoked glass theme and the BW DarkEdged-themed clock.

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sorry if I've missed some major announcement, but I was wondering if anybody knows if there has been or will be any further news of a Dark Edge theme for Sapphire. I put it on v.0.8.4 and had just enough time to fall in love with it before v.1.0 dropped. The Team Chaos pages look kind of dead but it looks like bgill55 is/was a member so maybe he knows something?

On another note, I've found that the ADW launcher theme ADWTheme Colorless (from the Market) will render ALL of your icons in grayscale, very useful in getting a unified look when having lots of non-system apps on you home screen. See screenshot. BTW I'm using 1.1.0 with the smoked glass theme and the BW DarkEdged-themed clock.

hmm that ADW Shade.xml looks familiar do you know who released that in the Market? As For DE we are waiting for the DE team to release a final version from the beta!

SamuriHL

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Have I missed a DX black bar theme update for 1.1 or are we still hoping/waiting on that one? Thanks!

droib

Reaction score

hmm that ADW Shade.xml looks familiar do you know who released that in the Market? As For DE we are waiting for the DE team to release a final version from the beta!

Thanks bgill that's awesome news! That ADW theme was posted by Jack Hou (kaydensigh) on the Market. Was it a knockoff of someone else's work?

edit: his developer site is http://github.com/kaydensigh

Last edited:
OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Thanks bgill that's awesome news! That ADW theme was posted by Jack Hou (kaydensigh) on the Market. Was it a knockoff of someone else's work?

edit: his developer site is kaydensigh's Profile - GitHub

oh well snap he wrote the Shade.xml for ADW according to the date released mine was still first :) lol not that it matters

RevivaL

Reaction score
pumped for the dx theme. love the one i'm using with some custom icons i threw in. may hold off on black bar now for a while!

tominabox1

Reaction score
I hope he's got a real update to the droid x theme (stock bar) as opposed to my crap one...

jasek78

Reaction score
You sure your on the incognito theme? cuz the lock screen's sliders are transparent. I'm running incognito andi will post you a lock screen shot.

Yeah, I'm sure. I guess I can only assume it is off the screen..:)

The right slider works when I swipe, but nothing happens on the left. It only works when the keyboard is open.

I'm using it right now sliders work fine. Just gotta find the sweet spot ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

issue i have with it is the clock the AM/PM on the clock hangs off the screen on the right side

shocka2430

Reaction score
Bgill actually fixed it in the new themes. The yellow and invertnito. And if he has posted the update for the original and red it should be in those too.

Sent from my Incognito Droid using Tapatalk