Screen Shot

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
I installed the same exact screen shot grabber app as I had on my Bionic and it always say error. It basically doesn't work. I checked the box for un-rooted device and it still won't work. Is it because it's a new phone and the old app won't work with it?? I really liked that screen shot app.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Volume down and power, I just used it. You need to hold both buttons for a second.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I thought that was a rapid reboot technique, power and volume down??

You have to hold them down for much longer to do that. To take a screenshot, it's just for a couple seconds.

OP
Cattledog1969

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
Seriously please, is there a soft way to get a screen shot? The Screen Grabber on my Bionic still works great. I compared all the settings on the two devices and they're both the same. It won't work on the Maxx HD.

geoff5093

Reaction score
Seriously please, is there a soft way to get a screen shot? The Screen Grabber on my Bionic still works great. I compared all the settings on the two devices and they're both the same. It won't work on the Maxx HD.
Read above, holding the power button and volume down buttons for 1-2 seconds will take a screen shot.

OP
Cattledog1969

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
I'm using an app called Screen Grabber.

Not rooted, but there is a check box for root/non root. I checked the non root. I did try checking the rooted just to see what would happen and it won't even launch. So I definitely did everything I could.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I'm using an app called Screen Grabber.

Not rooted, but there is a check box for root/non root. I checked the non root. I did try checking the rooted just to see what would happen and it won't even launch. So I definitely did everything I could.

Even though they may have the option to allow you to try, many screenshot apps don't work properly or won't work at all on unrooted devices. If you're really dead set on absolutely having to use a third-party screenshot app, your best bet in order to get one that functions consistently is to root your phone. If you don't want to root your phone, just use the stock method with hardware buttons. It's really very easy to do.

OP
Cattledog1969

Cattledog1969

Reaction score
I don't have a great need to root my phone, not for just this, and I don't want to wreck it, I paid full retail price for it. I'm not confident in doing it, phones and computers are a personal interest, not my expertise or profession.

The Screen Grabber app works just fine on my Bionic.