Screen shot?

Ronic

Reaction score
This seems like a total noob question but how do you get the screen shot of your Droid?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Root>>Dropcap2

OP
R

Ronic

Reaction score
I haven't rooted yet. (chicken)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

lerit50

Reaction score
I'm rooted and use to the app AndroSS... I think it works on some phones without root too. But correct me if I'm wrong.

Natey2

Reaction score
If you are not rooted and want to take screenshots in Android 2.2, look for an app called MyPhoneExplorer in the Market.
No SDK installation required, but you will need to install a PC component, and your phone needs to be connected via USB to take screenshots.
aefe47ec-1940-cbb7.jpg

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This works on some non-rooted phones. Its a trial to see if it works: Screenshot It Trial - Android app on AppBrain

Or you can use the android sdk. Just Google "take screen shots without rooting". You'll find some how-to links from droid life and android central.

Didn't work on my D2. So as far as I'm concerned you have to root to do a screen shot.

Natey2

Reaction score
So as far as I'm concerned you have to root to do a screen shot.

In Gingerbread the SurfaceFlinger screenshot API does not require root privilege.
I expect to see apps in the Market that can do screenshots without root privilege when GB becomes mainstream.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Root>>PicMe
FIXT! :biggrin:

If you are not rooted and want to take screenshots in Android 2.2, look for an app called MyPhoneExplorer in the Market.
No SDK installation required, but you will need to install a PC component, and your phone needs to be connected via USB to take screenshots.
aefe47ec-1940-cbb7.jpg

Nice! 'Bout time they're getting on the ball with the non-root thing