Screen scratches.

Reaction score
My phone got some new scratches on the screen but I dint know where they came from. is there any way to buff them off.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Certainly not impossible, but with this type of glass it's tough to get non removable scratches on them, especially without your knowing. So try something simple, just get a paper towel, bunch up one of the corners, get it a little wet, and try scrubbing it off with a good bit of pressure.

Fonzz

Reaction score
My phone got some new scratches on the screen but I dint know where they came from. is there any way to buff them off.

Have you ever let anyone who wears a diamond ring play with your phone perhaps?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

There's a compound called Rareox which is an oxidation of Titanium in powder form about the consistency of talcum powder and when mixed with a small amount of water turns into a paste. This is the same stuff used by professional glass finishers when polishing the cut edges of glass table tops. It takes quite a bit of rubbing with a cotton ball or fine cloth but will remove fine scratches and leave the glass crystal clear. I used this to removed scratches on my car's side window. Only thing is if the glass is Gorilla Glass it may not work or may damage the scratch resistance treatment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
R
Reaction score
i tried toothpaste with no luck. and i dont believe anyone has used my phone other than myself.

don_droid

Reaction score
Than you need a real polishing compound. If you work has a lab with cross sectioning or other types of polishing use some thing from there. Otherwise you need to find a hobby shop or buy some polishing compound for use with harder minerals than typical glass. The post above gave you one name of a TiO2 based compound.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I know how you feel. I don't have a screen protector any one (long story) and I've been paranoid like crazy. I have a diamond ring and THAT finger stays as far away from my phone as possible. I have my nails grown out and i am even contemplating cutting those off for the sake of my phone. I really need my invisheild..

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

TatDroid

Reaction score
There is no way a fingernail will scratch the Gorilla Glass. No need to cut them back.

ex0rcist

Reaction score
Its not the glass youre seeing being scratched. Its the anti glare coating. Search a lil guys :p