Screen scratch solutions?

NikeGolf1997

Reaction score
Hey Everyone. I was wondering if anyone had a great way or secret on how to get scratches off a Droid 2 screen. If anyone does I would love to hear it. Thanks to everyone who responds!
-Seth R.

Gritwater

Reaction score
look into headlight restoration kits at places like Pepboys/autozone.

It works for headlight glass, don't see why it wouldn't work for phone glass.

$10-$20

fishstick600

Reaction score
Headlights restoration kits are basically wax. Try looking for an eye glass scratch remover kit. They are some type of filler

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

OP
N

NikeGolf1997

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help. I was wondering if you have tried eye glass repair kits or headlight repair kits? If you guys have how good did they work?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Headlight repair kit i would imagine would be too strong of a product.

these types of products actually require high rotation from a drill or even a polisher for them to work effectively.

Stick to the eye glass repair kit, they're more delicate and more similar to the glass on our phones.

bishoy

Reaction score
ok my question is, what did u have to do to get this thing to scratch?

i have taken a kitchen knife to my phone before to see if the screen will scratch...... it didnt

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
ok my question is, what did u have to do to get this thing to scratch?

i have taken a kitchen knife to my phone before to see if the screen will scratch...... it didnt

easy...take some sand and rub it in.

Yes i've taken my key to it to prove a point to people, but really i was scared lol.

I saw a product on engadget that supposedly reduces smudges and chances of scratch by adding a layer of some sort of sealant, i'm thinking of using my car sealant to see how it works (Werkstat Acrylic Jett in case you're wondering)

Gritwater

Reaction score
eye glasses would make better sense, if for nothing else, the amount. You don't need that much like a headlight restorer would give

but, it's not just wax, in either case... it actually involves sanding the glass with VERY FINE sandpaper. I know, that sounds like it doesn't make sense, but it works.

There are pastes that are abrasive. Some headlight restorers come with a drill bit attachment for rotation, some do not and just simply require elbow grease. Jeeps even have stuff for the plastic windows

I have not done this to my droid, eye glass or vehicle headlights, or even jeep plastic windows, but it does work.

go to an eyeglasses place and see what they have. I'm sure it's the same stuff as headlights, just portioned better for the smaller need.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
if im not mistaken...i think brasso came out with a product that does exactly what your asking.

omelet

Reaction score
I've never dropped my phone, had a screen protector and case on it since I came out of the store, but when I took everything off to sell it... There was a scratch, I don't get it.

Honestly, you can try to put a screen protector over it, you won't see it unless the scratch is huge.

OP
N

NikeGolf1997

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help! I was wondering if anyone has tried the eyeglass repair kits or the brasso remover the one comment talks about, and if you have how did it work?
-Seth R.

-GalaxyTab-

Reaction score
Just use nail hardener (fingernails, not metal nails) it will fill it in and make it smooth. Just dont use to much.

Sent from my GalaxyTab using DroidForums App

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I've heard some people using Nail Hardener and the results were good.

I have no extra protection on my Incredible since I take pretty good care of it.