Screen Rotation questions

whitewolf359

Reaction score
Hello All,

New to the forum but not Android. I just got my Bionic a few days ago and wondered if someone here can answer something for me.
I want to be able to keep my home screen in portrait mode and use the browser in landscape... however the only way i can get the browser to work in landscape is to let the phone auto rotate the screen.
Any ideas on what I can do. One last thing I am using ADW launcher and I was wondering if by some reason that is the issue.

Any help would be appreciated!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Try going into your browser then follow this path: Menu > More > Settings and then when in there check the box next to "Landscape-only display." That should have you covered.

OP
W

whitewolf359

Reaction score
The problem was caused by ADW Launcher EX. it also caused screen rotation problems for the camera / gallery as well. Funny thing that launcher worked perfect on my Evo but for some reason not so well on the Bionic.
I wold prefer to use a different launcher so I can customize the look some. There are parts of the MOTO UI I dont care much for. Thanks for the help.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry, I guess I did not understand what you were trying to do. At least you got it figured out.

OP
W

whitewolf359

Reaction score
Sorry, I guess I did not understand what you were trying to do. At least you got it figured out.

No worries your reply actually helped.
I had to visit a Verizon store for another reason so i played with the demos and got it figured out. Thanx again.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums