Screen resolution

pektas

Reaction score
My wife just got one of these and her screen looks pixelated to me especially compared to my droid x. Is it supposed to look this way or is something wrong?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

styleznma

Reaction score
Nope,.when I was shopping for a phone the facinate looked better than the X imo. The X does have a slightly higher rez if I remember right...

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

jrl9851

Reaction score
No it shouldn't. Fascinate has a higher PPI than the X. Does she have one of those stupid anti glare screen protectors on it?

OP
P

pektas

Reaction score
No we literally just got it two hours ago, any ideas as to why it looks that why I tried restarting it but can't figure why it would randomly look pixelated

OP
P

pektas

Reaction score
Everything on it I can clearly see small pixels top notification bar included. They are small so I can tell ifthats just how its supposed to look but next to my x the screen isn't nearly as sharp because of them

EgooEspada

Reaction score
Sounds like your wife might have a defective screen. The Fascinate has SAMOLED and higher PPI (pixel per inch) density. I suggest you just go to Verizon and show them that and they might just switch it out for you.

OP
P

pektas

Reaction score
That's what I assumed it was were gonna try to stop tomorrow get a new one

stanrc

Reaction score
Before you return it compare it to a model in the store. The SAMOLED use 2 pixels per cluster instead of 3, like normal LED screens. So it will look more "pixelated" if you look closely. It drove me crazy when I first got the phone, but now I don't notice as much.

And I think the fascinate and x have the same resolution, but with the smaller screen on the fascinate gives it a higher ppi.

Yakuzagang5

Reaction score
this is normal. My friend and girlfriends phone both look like that, its cause of the type of screen used. It might LOOK pixelated, but its the same resolution as the Nexus one, just a little bit bigger screen. Just an aspect of SAMOLED screens i guess

pottedmeat

Reaction score
This strange pixelation effect bothered me too when I first got my Fascinate. I notice it most when reading black text on a white background. The edges are not as sharp as on my Motorola Droid, and a far cry from the razor sharpness of the iPhone 4. If you look at the display under a magnifying glass (and yes, I did) you will see that it's because of the way the LEDs are arranged on the screen, not because of the pixel resolution. Maybe 2 LEDs per pixel instead of 3 like stanrc mentioned above.

jrl9851

Reaction score
I honestly dont know what you guys are seeing. It looks sharper than my droid.

For those seeing it though, another possible explanation could be that the picture is closer to your eyes, seeing as SAMOLED is built into the glass.

styleznma

Reaction score
I thought it looks better than my droid 1, Imo