Solved Screen Repair

Coolnate11

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Verizon LG G2
Alright, so I'm brand new to the forum and I've been searching for about an hour and i can't seem to find the topic so i went ahead and made an account.

So the other day I dropped my third phone (I'm real bad with these things) and I cant claim it on the Asurion insurance so I've decided to do it myself. The screen itself is cracked and the touch sensors don't work where it shattered but the display is in fine condition. All i really need to know is what parts I need, I can find a video and the parts on the interweb (although if any vets of repairing phones know tried and true methods i will not shun them away)

Thanks folks I really appreciate it.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I'm not familiar specifically with the LG G2, but in most cases the front glass is one layer, the digitizer is another and the LCD display is the third. In many cases the front glass is all that cracks but the digitizer and LCD are fine and the phone is still usable (like the commercials where the guy is using the phone and cuts his finger when every time he answers a call). Also in most cases, the front glass and digitizer are laminated with an optical adhesive. In some cases all three layers are laminated but you can get just the glass front at a much lower cost.

In most cases, it's far easier and results are much cleaner and professional looking (i.e. no dust, finger prints, etc), if you replace the entire three layer assembly, however it may be less so with the G2.

Here's an Amazon.com search and they have the entire assembly for a pretty good price. They also have just the digitizer assembly for even less.

Amazon.com lg g2 digitizer replacement