Screen Redraws!!!

Teezy

Reaction score
I think Froyo's memory management has changed since Eclair. Maybe a good swap partition could help too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

agreed. i wish all Devs would incorporate Compache into their ROMs.. especially JRummy -_- great ROMs and themes but every launcher redraws!

scottb211

Reaction score
Don't want to switch from LithiumMod

Yes! I am SOOO glad I searched for this in the forum... I was getting some SERIOUS lag / redraw, and I was freaking. Is it LithiumMod? Is it the Watermarke'd Theme? Is it LauncherPro? Do iI have too many widgets?!?

Went into spare parts and turned off the window animations and transition animations and... same problem. Changed them both to "slow" and it seems to be better.

This forum rocks.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
I have tryed everything even being 2.0 with nothing but what's on there normaly and I still get bad redraws. nothing works I think my phones screwed up its been like this since 2.1

Shadowclock

Reaction score
Turning them off for me worked awesome...so much more responsive :D Thanks a lot for sharing!

Isaiah

Reaction score
Glad i could help, its not something i figured out by actually knowing what im doing... I was just screwing around trying to lower memory uses and got lucky.
now im wondering if there are any other apps that are acting badly on lithium?

anybody know of any?

Car

Reaction score
I think Froyo's memory management has changed since Eclair. Maybe a good swap partition could help too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I'm on Simply Stunning 4.6, how would I go about doing this??

Also, does anybody know how to fix the browser in 2.2? Like for some reason, everytime a webpage is fully loaded, and I hit the Home button, or click on an e-mail or text message from the notification pulldown, then go back to the browser, the webpage will automatically refresh again. It gets REALLY annoying. And I have NO idea how the hell to fix it!!

I don't think there is anything we can do about it. I used Dolphin HD browser for awhile and it does that also. It can be a real pain in the a** depending what you were in the middle of doing on the web. Not sure why it needs to refresh unless you ask it too.

ski

Reaction score
not going to skim this thread to see if anyone came up with a legit solution to the screen redraw issue. But over on the bugless beast forum, there is quite a lengthy thread on the subject. Someone mentioned they had success going to a standard or "medium" voltage overclocking kernel (vs LV or ULV). I went to a medium voltage kernel (chevy 1.0) and have yet to have any screen redraws in 24hrs. hope this solves it as this is all i think i have left to change...

droid with lithium mod and launcher pro plus, 3 home screens

Ken_photo

Reaction score
I had this problem with stock ROM (2.2) and launcher pro or without launcher pro. Found a solution on another thread that I can't find now.

Get "Spare Parts" from the market and change settings:

windows animations - normal (default) to slow
transition animations - normal to slow

Solved the problem for me and as fast as before with no redraws so far.

Also noticed that after a battery pull/restart, its starting up much faster and not having to wait so long for widgets on my home screen to load.

Last edited:

js0724

Reaction score
Most ROMs have tweaked built in memory management to be more aggressive. Use an app like AutoKiller to LOWER (be less aggressive) those settings to get rid of redraws. Most people agree that Android is great at managing memory yet Devs still change this I don't know why.

hydweb

Reaction score
So what do you change on Spare parts to not have the redraws?

the windows animation or transition animation... or both..

and i select it to slow right?

Ken_photo

Reaction score
So what do you change on Spare parts to not have the redraws?

the windows animation or transition animation... or both..

and i select it to slow right?

I changed both and yes, change to slow.