Screen Redraws!!!

dgonz

Reaction score
I absolutely hate them! I've tried ADW and now Launcher Pro. I'm tempted to go stock at this point because I can't stand them anymore. Does anyone have any advice on how to avoid or reduce them or can give an opinion on which launcher has the fewest?

joeybarclay

Reaction score
i was having sreen redraws on every rom and launcher. if u download sapphire it has an option called compcache that completely fix my problem and others with redraws

OP
dgonz

dgonz

Reaction score
I haven't tried sapphire I'm really happy with Lithium mod so far. I just toggled with the settings that I didn't know were there on LPP so hopefully that will fix it.

Thanks for the advice, if it continues I'm going to give the sapphire kernel a try .

306stang

Reaction score
redraw???

icons and widgets disappearing then slowly reappearing???

joeybarclay

Reaction score
yes. i actually have to have a rom that incorperates compcache or my phone has tons of redraw and being stock didnt help

306stang

Reaction score
my phone has done that on every single rom except UD. it's the only reason why i'm still on ud instead of sapphire. knowing this, i'll probably switch back!!

Bateluer

Reaction score
Compcache . . . hmm, haven't tried that yet. I've experienced these issues using both Sapphire and CM6, using jdlfg, sapphire stock, and chevyno1 kernels, under both Launcher Pro and ADW Launcher.

chuckz28

Reaction score
I think there is something wrong with 2.2 that is causing it. I am on stock frg22 with no homescreen replacements and have had redraw delays. Not as bad as when i was using launcherpro or adw on frg01b but it still does it once in a while. Usually when leaving the browser.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Compcache on Sapphire, perfect not 1 redraw in 2 days! Used to have them all the time. All Devs should get this in their Roms!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Froyo's memory management has changed since Eclair. Maybe a good swap partition could help too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

vmann32

Reaction score
Ok if you go to spare parts and slow animations down it stops redraws.I dropped it to normal but it still redraw.So I moved it slow and it works with no redraws.

meishkov

Reaction score
I think Froyo's memory management has changed since Eclair. Maybe a good swap partition could help too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I'm on Simply Stunning 4.6, how would I go about doing this??

Also, does anybody know how to fix the browser in 2.2? Like for some reason, everytime a webpage is fully loaded, and I hit the Home button, or click on an e-mail or text message from the notification pulldown, then go back to the browser, the webpage will automatically refresh again. It gets REALLY annoying. And I have NO idea how the hell to fix it!!

TedWilliams

Reaction score
Born in Cambridge, MA but now live in Portland, OR
I'm pretty sure the redrawing is caused by something in spare parts going wrong. if you look here; http://www.droidforums.net/forum/li...-fix-home-apps-always-redrawing-desktops.html

This was the solution for me, and a couple other people

Thanks a million for this dude! It had been driving me bananas. Its weird that switching the transitions from off to slow would make such a drastic difference. I have absolutely zero redraws now. Man, I was trying everything from removing widgets to never turning my screen off...