1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Screen Redraws/Restart on ADW.Launcer on GB

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by KillerPlatinum, Feb 19, 2011.

1. KillerPlatinum

KillerPlatinum New Member

Bugless I just want to say that I just donated $5 to you for what you've done. I love your ROMs and they have been my favorite since I have rooted my phone.

But back to the problem.
    I noticed after moving to Gingerbread my phone locks up after sending a text message then redraws ADW Launcher. Also if I am browsing the internet or anything like that it completely has to reload ADW Launcer.

This would happen in Froyo but not during texts and especially not 90% of the time. I would expect it to do it now and then on browsers and games when moving back to the home screen but not from something as simple as sending a text message.

Is there any way to help fix this?
  2. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

Adw has a setting to keep it memory which should fix the redraw problem. There's also a terminal command you can do that modifys the local.prop which helps as well (I'm on my droid now so I can't paste it for you but its in a few other threads)
  3. ToMaC82

ToMaC82 New Member

Editing the local.prop on Gingerbread does not fix the issue like it did in previous versions of BB.
  4. KillerPlatinum

I tried the keep in memory setting and it still was redrawing...
  5. ToMaC82

ToMaC82 New Member

Yep me too
  6. x25064

x25064 New Member

I had this same problem, also I found it would redraw quickly, then the screen transitions would lag horridly. The only fix was to manually restart ADW every single time I came from doing something memory intensive.
  7. ramos

ramos New Member

what kernel do you have? a lot of problems can be solved with a different kernel

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  8. KillerPlatinum

I've been using Chevys 1.2Ghz uLV kernel for months now. And I realized I didn't uninstall everything that I had uninstalled back on 2.2. Such as the default launcher, google talk, the live wallpapers, and I forget what else but things that autostarted that I never used.

Seems to be running better now. I haven't had as many screen redraws.
  9. SupAll

SupAll New Member

I think its a memory problem with ADW and GB. Doesn't GB have a larger footprint than Froyo? Anyways, a new kernel most likely won't solve it. I'm using Pete's new kernels on a completely fresh install and I'm getting screen redraws. Utilizing the Persistence option in ADW only slows the entire launcher down to a crawl instead of the redraws. The only thing I noticed, though, was that the redraws don't take forever. Then again, this is a fresh install.
  10. jbang917

jbang917 New Member

Kernels are going to respond differently to different peoples hardware. The kernel that works for one may not for the other. I had some minor ADW issues when I first went to GB and after a few kernels no issues. Currently using petes 1.1.
  11. mursepaolo

mursepaolo New Member

happening to my launcherpro too. gonna try pete's kernel now.
  12. SupAll

SupAll New Member

I sent an email to Ander asking for some advice for these redraws. Here iswhat he said:

I have a five screen setup and I was getting FCs when I tried to access the 4D app drawer. What I did was turn off animations in GB and in the launcher, I turned off the wallpaper hackand the animations for the app drawer. It seems to have helped.
  13. Bobbar

Bobbar New Member

I've used Slayher and Raidzero kernels and have had very good luck with re-draws, they are exceedingly rare and quick.

My LP Plus settings:

Memory Usage Preset: Light
    Use homescreen caches: Yes
    Cache Type: Normal
    Build caches as needed: Yes
    Clear caches on exit: No
    Prevent force-closes: Yes

And of course the local.prop re-draw remedy.
  14. x25064

x25064 New Member

local.prop does nothing in GB.
  15. Phatdaddyz01

Phatdaddyz01 New Member

Move ADW Launcher to system/app. Problem solved (for me anyways). I had to go back to BB 6.2.1 because GB kept killing my email, which I need for work.
Search tags for this page
adw keeps redrawing

adw launcher keep in memory