screen question

hokieputter

Reaction score
been lurking around this site for months. great place for sure. tons of good info. my new every two upgrade date finally came. so my DI is on order. hoping i will get mine before my ship by date of 8/4. pumped to make the switch from my 3+ year old blackberry pearl (which i have loved, but ready for some up to date technology).

wondering what screens the latest round of DIs are shipping with? are they still pumping out AMOLEDs? or has the switch to LCD been made? or will it be made for sure? has there been any final say on what's happening with the future DI screen?

anyone with a recent shipment know which theirs is? how would one tell?

thanks!

mottling

Reaction score
I spoke with a rep at HTC about a week ago. I ordered the phone on 7/24, and the rep said that both the AMOLED and SLCD phones are shipping, that I wouldn't know which version I would be getting until I actually received the device.

FragDroidX

Reaction score
Just recieved my second Incredible on the 30th. It has the AMOLED screen. Both the HTC reps and the Verizon reps as well as the most recent news all state that the Droid Incredible with ONLY be using AMOLED. The Super LCD screens will be used in other HTC phones but NOT the Incredible.

andrew_ja

Reaction score
Just recieved my second Incredible on the 30th. It has the AMOLED screen. Both the HTC reps and the Verizon reps as well as the most recent news all state that the Droid Incredible with ONLY be using AMOLED. The Super LCD screens will be used in other HTC phones but NOT the Incredible.
That's the impression I have. My screen looks comparable to a co-worker's Galaxy S which has the AMOLED display. And HTC explicitly has only stated the Desire and Nexus One will switch to the SLCD display. Until an otherwise official statement is made by HTC, I am willing to bet the displays are still AMOLED. HTC acknowledged that the shortage is impacting the production of the Incredible, but never said it was part of the switch. Maybe they are hoping to move the two aforementioned phones to the SLCD, it will free resources for the Incredible, a hotter selling phone. And I am guessing the Droid X is taking a little heat off of the Incredible, as well.

OP
H

hokieputter

Reaction score
i'm hoping for AMOLED and hope they stick with it for all DIs. AMOLED is considered "better", correct? i'm new to touchscreen phones, so i'm not versed in the various screen types. i just know i'm tired of the small a** screen on my pearl. and can't wait for my DI!

just got an email saying my DI has shipped. so i will get mine early this week. how will i know if i get AMOLED or SLCD?

Bowtie

Reaction score
I need to order a replacement Dinc due to a blown speaker, does anyone know how to tell the difference between a AMOLED or SLCD?

Sentrix

Reaction score
Look, if you order a Droid Incredible, it will ship with AMOLED no matter what.
It's that simple.

HTC will not be using them on future phones, but will continue to use it for every Incredible.