Screen Question

ACuteBabyKitten

Reaction score
so i had a droid razr maxx hd and the screen broke i dont have the money to pay the deductible to replace it. i was given an old droid razr i was wondering if it would be possible to swap the screens from the old razr into the maxx hd or is that completely impossible the reason i want to do this is because the razr works but is really ****ty. The battery is like going out have to have it on the charger more then twice a day on low usage, it will randomly shut down, the phone will decide that the battery is dead and tell me to put it on the charger and when i do less then 5 minuets later it will say fully charged, it constantly comes up saying the phone got to hot and goes into cool down mode and then it will randomly decide when it is cool when it was not even hot in the first place. some one please help thank you

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
so i had a droid razr maxx hd and the screen broke i dont have the money to pay the deductible to replace it. i was given an old droid razr i was wondering if it would be possible to swap the screens from the old razr into the maxx hd or is that completely impossible the reason i want to do this is because the razr works but is really ****ty. The battery is like going out have to have it on the charger more then twice a day on low usage, it will randomly shut down, the phone will decide that the battery is dead and tell me to put it on the charger and when i do less then 5 minuets later it will say fully charged, it constantly comes up saying the phone got to hot and goes into cool down mode and then it will randomly decide when it is cool when it was not even hot in the first place. some one please help thank you
Don't think you can do that for a couple of reasons. One, the screen size and shape are different between the two models and the hardware/firmware are different. There's probably other reasons as well, but these are two good ones.

OP
A

ACuteBabyKitten

Reaction score
yea i figured as much but hey cant blame a guy for tryin, right? thanks for the info i guess i will just have to do the 99 dollar deductible and get another one