1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Screen protectors

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by otter34, Oct 11, 2010.

1. otter34

otter34 New Member

Do you have one? Is it worth it?
  2. Bob Dammit

Bob Dammit Super Moderator

Yes I have one, actually 2, and no I dont use them. I bought a 3 pack, fought to get the first one on and looking good, and the corners started peeling in less than a week. Its just easier to wipe the screen off on my shirt.
  3. otter34

otter34 New Member

I bought the 3 pack too and it worked great. I had a problem w/ that phone and also w/ the replacement and now I'm on my 3rd droid, but wasted one of those dumb screens trying to put it on the second phone. I was debating whether or not I need to get another one and I think I've decided against it. I don't have nails, but I do keep it in my pocket all the time.I haven't noticed any damage to the protective screen so I can probably do w/out it too
  4. FranklinWalker

FranklinWalker New Member

yes.i use the screen protector
  5. jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw New Member

I use a anti finger print screen protector which makes the screen a little dimmer but I never have to wipe my screen clean again. But.. YMMV depending on what you like.
  6. otter34

otter34 New Member

Wow I never heard of that. Now you're talking! What a great idea. Do you recommend a specific one or will any do?
  7. jlaidlaw

jlaidlaw New Member

I personally bought the steinheil one which comes with 2 screen protectors.

Sent from my Droid
  8. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Steinheil is my personal choice, but since I'm on a business trip and just swapped phones, I'm rocking InvisibleShield. It's OK, but not Steinheil.
  9. elcompaLalo

elcompaLalo New Member

I also have Invisishield, which is very durable and doesn't dim the screen at all. Of course you get smudges and fingerprints but easily wipes off.

Sent from Droid2
  10. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 New Member

Used them for a long time from vzw. My last one left some nasty residue that took a while to get off so I said forget it. Gorilla glass ftw. Before I started carrying my phone in my lower cargo pockets I used to run the screen into table corners etc. They won't protect from the abuse my phone gets. Also dropped it on several surfaces abrasive and non. Not even a scuff so far. People always geek out when I tap my phones screen on something to show its durability. My I phone loving friends really trip over this lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page

screen protectors on tablets yes or no