Screen protectors

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes I have one, actually 2, and no I dont use them. I bought a 3 pack, fought to get the first one on and looking good, and the corners started peeling in less than a week. Its just easier to wipe the screen off on my shirt.

OP
O

otter34

Reaction score
Yes I have one, actually 2, and no I dont use them. I bought a 3 pack, fought to get the first one on and looking good, and the corners started peeling in less than a week. Its just easier to wipe the screen off on my shirt.

I bought the 3 pack too and it worked great. I had a problem w/ that phone and also w/ the replacement and now I'm on my 3rd droid, but wasted one of those dumb screens trying to put it on the second phone. I was debating whether or not I need to get another one and I think I've decided against it. I don't have nails, but I do keep it in my pocket all the time.I haven't noticed any damage to the protective screen so I can probably do w/out it too

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
I use a anti finger print screen protector which makes the screen a little dimmer but I never have to wipe my screen clean again. But.. YMMV depending on what you like.

OP
O

otter34

Reaction score
I use a anti finger print screen protector which makes the screen a little dimmer but I never have to wipe my screen clean again. But.. YMMV depending on what you like.

Wow I never heard of that. Now you're talking! What a great idea. Do you recommend a specific one or will any do?

jlaidlaw

Reaction score

Wow I never heard of that. Now you're talking! What a great idea. Do you recommend a specific one or will any do?
I personally bought the steinheil one which comes with 2 screen protectors.

Sent from my Droid

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Steinheil is my personal choice, but since I'm on a business trip and just swapped phones, I'm rocking InvisibleShield. It's OK, but not Steinheil.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
I also have Invisishield, which is very durable and doesn't dim the screen at all. Of course you get smudges and fingerprints but easily wipes off.

Sent from Droid2

Sniper_5

Reaction score
Used them for a long time from vzw. My last one left some nasty residue that took a while to get off so I said forget it. Gorilla glass ftw. Before I started carrying my phone in my lower cargo pockets I used to run the screen into table corners etc. They won't protect from the abuse my phone gets. Also dropped it on several surfaces abrasive and non. Not even a scuff so far. People always geek out when I tap my phones screen on something to show its durability. My I phone loving friends really trip over this lol.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk