Screen Protectors Scare Tactic

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by jimbo1mcm, Jul 16, 2010.

1. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm New Member

VZW is really pushing the screen protectors. Must be a BIG profit item. "If it is scratched, you can't return it". Nice try VZW.
  2. OneTenderRebel

OneTenderRebel New Member

Scratching the screen is 100% user fault even if it is on accident. If I was verizon I wouldn't take back a phone just because the owner scratched the screen. I don't go buy a car, run into a pole and then return it because it's dented.
  3. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

I had that occur with my wife, I laughed my butt off. Then asked the rep if they really didn't want their commission for a tactic like that.

Admittantly is is one's fault, but hey, within 30 days I've exchanged several phones in the past no Q's asked. After that it's a matter of whether or not one wants to do a claim and the whole insurance thing.

But let's face it, that is flat out wrong to say.
  4. ChugIt

ChugIt New Member

I agree 100%. I don't use a screen protector, but I understand if I scratch my Droid it is MY FAULT! I'm on Verizon's side with this one, it isn't their obligation to babysit you and clean up the messes you make.
  5. bje1982

bje1982 New Member

Your rediculous. You obviously have no clue. Quick ? Tho, you think foot locker should take back the pair of nikes I went running in the mud in? Ignorance is the only word for you my friend.

Edit: you should go to att man they don't try that used car salesman ttriicks
  6. mig991

mig991 New Member

I had my screen protector in place before I turned it on. Cleanest one I have ever put on, I am taking it as a sign. :)
  7. 07aspenx

07aspenx New Member

Sorry tell you guys but the Droid X screen is scratch proof just like the HTC Incredible. No need for a screen protector if you're worried about scratching the screen.
  8. RETG

RETG Member

Nothing is scratch proof....:)

Give it to me for about a minute and I'll prove it!
  9. ffej89

ffej89 New Member

Retg i hear ya. I pour concrete for a living and i kill a phone with no screen protector. I use invesible shield.
  10. Kandiru

Kandiru New Member

Yep, 3 gloss + 3 anti-glare for $15 total shipped on ebay, i am sure they are matching that price well, as well the Luxmo leather magnetic belt loop case for $8.

Ripoff artists, just like car dealers. I once watched one of these bozos detail a poor granny, she was besides herself as he had let her believe that her "free" phone would not work well without $100 in accessories. I had to interfere, almost got kicked out of store :)
  11. el.diablos.Droid_X

el.diablos.Droid_X New Member

I thought the VZW screen protector is smaller than the screen?
  12. bamfsig45

bamfsig45 New Member

Hard to scratch, not scratch proof. Run a search on this forum and you'll find out.
  13. Dave12308

Dave12308 New Member

Rub the screen with some particles of sand, and then try to tell me the screen is scratch proof. Anything harder than the screen can scratch it. The reason you see people scraping keys, knives, and razor blades across the screen with no ill effects is due to the fact that ALL of these objects are softer than glass.
  14. jubigret

jubigret New Member

the screen protectors that VW sells covers the part of the screen that shows the data, but the actual screen/glass extends further and it would be nice if the protector went all the way and didn't form a ridge.

just in case anyone wanted to know.
  15. bje1982

bje1982 New Member

Its all a big conspiracy to try to up-sell you and sell more screen protectors like OP was implying. Repent I say repent!!! :eek:
  16. Redwinger2001

Redwinger2001 New Member

Yeah, i bought them too but it started aggravating me because it was too matt. Took it off, but i've got two more if i change my mind

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  17. erinsarah

erinsarah New Member

um. FYI.. whoever said the screen IS scratchproof.. no need for a screen protector.. thats what they told me at VZW too. I not have 3 quarter inch logn scratches in my phone. and they were easily put there too. I've been constantly careful with it.. and noticed them this morning .. perhaps i threw my zippered shirt on it.. i have no idea how ti got there. its never been dropped.. but there are DEFINITELY THREE scratched ON my NEW droid X screen.

if anyone knows if there is a warranty for this.. or a fix. please let me know!
  18. Signum

Signum Member

shoulda bought the screen protector! :icon_ banana:
  19. thelion

thelion New Member

My Droid X is nekkid but still scratchless. My friend's X is now covered due to a scratch from her earring. Anyone wear diamonds in their ears? Diamonds can scratch glass...
  20. DrSarcasmo

DrSarcasmo New Member

My Verizon guy installed the protector on my Droid X for me. He did a perfect job of it. I really like these protectors as they are a little matte and have a nice tooth to them. When this one goes, I'm gonna have him put the new one on too.

When I got to the store to buy my Droid X they said I HAD to buy a bunch of accessories or I couldn't buy my Droid! I was gonna put up a stink, until I looked at the accessories and they were the ones I wanted in the first place. I then got a car mount too and since I was a long time customer they gave me a nice discount (25% off the car mount and HDMI cable, 10% off everything else). In the end I was very happy.
Search tags for this page

is the droid x2 screen scratch resistant

screen protectors that scare ur parents