Screen Protectors Scare Tactic

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
VZW is really pushing the screen protectors. Must be a BIG profit item. "If it is scratched, you can't return it". Nice try VZW.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Scratching the screen is 100% user fault even if it is on accident. If I was verizon I wouldn't take back a phone just because the owner scratched the screen. I don't go buy a car, run into a pole and then return it because it's dented.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had that occur with my wife, I laughed my butt off. Then asked the rep if they really didn't want their commission for a tactic like that.

Admittantly is is one's fault, but hey, within 30 days I've exchanged several phones in the past no Q's asked. After that it's a matter of whether or not one wants to do a claim and the whole insurance thing.

But let's face it, that is flat out wrong to say.

ChugIt

Reaction score
Scratching the screen is 100% user fault even if it is on accident. If I was verizon I wouldn't take back a phone just because the owner scratched the screen. I don't go buy a car, run into a pole and then return it because it's dented.

I agree 100%. I don't use a screen protector, but I understand if I scratch my Droid it is MY FAULT! I'm on Verizon's side with this one, it isn't their obligation to babysit you and clean up the messes you make.

bje1982

Reaction score
VZW is really pushing the screen protectors. Must be a BIG profit item. "If it is scratched, you can't return it". Nice try VZW.

Your rediculous. You obviously have no clue. Quick ? Tho, you think foot locker should take back the pair of nikes I went running in the mud in? Ignorance is the only word for you my friend.

Edit: you should go to att man they don't try that used car salesman ttriicks

mig991

Reaction score
I had my screen protector in place before I turned it on. Cleanest one I have ever put on, I am taking it as a sign. :)

07aspenx

Reaction score
Sorry tell you guys but the Droid X screen is scratch proof just like the HTC Incredible. No need for a screen protector if you're worried about scratching the screen.

R

RETG

Nothing is scratch proof....:)

Give it to me for about a minute and I'll prove it!

ffej89

Reaction score
Retg i hear ya. I pour concrete for a living and i kill a phone with no screen protector. I use invesible shield.

Kandiru

Reaction score
Yep, 3 gloss + 3 anti-glare for $15 total shipped on ebay, i am sure they are matching that price well, as well the Luxmo leather magnetic belt loop case for $8.

Ripoff artists, just like car dealers. I once watched one of these bozos detail a poor granny, she was besides herself as he had let her believe that her "free" phone would not work well without $100 in accessories. I had to interfere, almost got kicked out of store :)

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Sorry tell you guys but the Droid X screen is scratch proof just like the HTC Incredible. No need for a screen protector if you're worried about scratching the screen.

Hard to scratch, not scratch proof. Run a search on this forum and you'll find out.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score

Rub the screen with some particles of sand, and then try to tell me the screen is scratch proof. Anything harder than the screen can scratch it. The reason you see people scraping keys, knives, and razor blades across the screen with no ill effects is due to the fact that ALL of these objects are softer than glass.

jubigret

Reaction score
the screen protectors that VW sells covers the part of the screen that shows the data, but the actual screen/glass extends further and it would be nice if the protector went all the way and didn't form a ridge.

just in case anyone wanted to know.

bje1982

Reaction score
the screen protectors that VW sells covers the part of the screen that shows the data, but the actual screen/glass extends further and it would be nice if the protector went all the way and didn't form a ridge.

just in case anyone wanted to know.

Its all a big conspiracy to try to up-sell you and sell more screen protectors like OP was implying. Repent I say repent!!! :eek: