Screen Protectors / Proximity Sensor

bwhite757

Reaction score
Ok, so I got some screen protectors today for my Pro today, and am bummed out.

I bought a cheap clear 3 pack off of eBay, and a universal privacy protector off of Amazon (I use the cheap eBay pack as a template to cut the privacy protector, since they don't make'em for the DPro yet).

Anyway, take my time and get this thing cut out and install it on the screen, and wha-la, no bubbles or anything.. Awesome.. UNTIL, I make a phone call and notice before I put the phone to my face, the screen went black!!! OH NO, covered the proximity sensor. So anyway, now I've got to carefully peel this thing back and cut where the proximity sensor is, however, I can't find the thing. Anyone know where it's located?

google123

Reaction score
Located above the Motorola logo approx 1/16" above the logo. There is a oval window that is about the size of about from the right side of the first" O" in" MOTOROLA" until about the end of the second" O." Haha that's about as specific as I can get. There are two sensors in that area. The proximity and light sensors. To the left is the notification light. Angle your phone around a bit while trying to reflect some light off of it and you will see it.

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
bwhite757

bwhite757

Reaction score
Thanks, yeah normally I'd be able to find it, but the problem is I've got this screen protector installed blocking me from being able to see it, and it was a 1 time shot on the install, so I think I'm just going to peel it back and cut the top off, just a bit above where the screen actually starts.

Thanks

google123

Reaction score
I would cut the protector just at the top of the Motorola logo to keep your finger from hitting the edge of it as you swipe down the notification bar. Should help the protector last a bit longer before it starts peeling back due to hitting it when swiping down the notification bar. Just an idea tho. Your call. :)

OP
bwhite757

bwhite757

Reaction score
Yeah I doubt the clear or matte finish ones have a problem, but I want the privacy screen protector. Basically these make the screen look like its black if you're looking at it from the side. (The nosey friend protector) Anyway I just sliced the top off to where it just covers the Motorola logo and now I don't have any problems.

RevivaL

Reaction score
I would've said wait for the invisishield to come out for it, where that's cut out.