Screen Protectors are 'NOT' all created equal...

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Mbk, May 7, 2010.

1. dLi

dLi New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm still with the Steinheil film, not too many scratches though.

2. Detonation

Detonation Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Yea I don't know why they ship them facing each other. Mine weren't stuck together, though. However I did notice the cut outs were not completely cut through in some places (rather than only having pieces on the sheet, they just stamp the cut out). A few pieces were hard to peel off, and the worst was the holes for the camera and motorola M on the battery door. I gave up trying to separate them without damaging the main piece, and found it was actually rather easy to peel them off once everything was applied and settled.

I've tried many screen protectors and Stealth Guardz ranks up there with them. Very smooth, minimal orange peel and tackiness, accurate fit. Definitely worth the $2.85, even with the cut out issues.

#26 Detonation, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  3. LeeV

LeeV New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Stealth Guard Mess

Yea I don't know why they ship them facing each other. Mine weren't stuck together, though. However I did notice the cut outs were not completely cut through in some places (rather than only having pieces on the sheet, they just stamp the cut out). A few pieces were hard to peel off, and the worst was the holes for the camera and motorola M on the battery door. I gave up trying to desperate them without damaging the main piece, and found it was actually rather easy to peel them off once everything was applied and settled.

I've tried many screen protectors and Stealth Guardz ranks up there with them. Very smooth, minimal orange peel and tackiness, accurate fit. Definitely worth the $2.85, even with the cut out issues.[/QUOTE]

I will say that their customer service (as I hold my breath!) seems good. I emailed what happened to them, and they are sending me a replacement set. I hope somebody puts a divider between them! :)

4. wrightperspective

Ratings:
    +1
    I got my new set from Stealth Guards yesterday and applied the front and back on my D1 using one drop of baby shampoo and a bowl of warm water. So far, it looks good and it's on pretty nice. Definitely satisfied for the price (Free plus $2.85 for shipping). I do have to say that you will need patience when applying any type of skin but if you have the patience it should turn out nice.

5. BigZig

BigZig Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I too am fully naked had protectors when I first got my phone but I keep my phone in pocket and for some reason my pocket is a dust magnet and have the dust get under the protectors was a problem for me so just went without and have had no scratches In 6 months the Droid screen is very resilient. Also much easier to clean

6. netsec

netsec New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using XO Skins for a while now as well and love it, no orange peel at all and is slick as ice. When you install check out some of their videos they have some install help videos as well as scratch tests.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xoskins

7. indiantechie

indiantechie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the Seidio on since February. No scratches on it all. It holds oil and fingerprints more than I like, but I wipe it off once a day with a microfiber cloth anyway. Screen still looks crystal clear. I set mine enxt to my wife's which doesn't have a protector and they look the same. Minus the 3 scratched on her glass from dropping the phone.

8. soulripp

soulripp New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the plan old screen protector from verizon on my Droid 1 for about a year and half no air bubbles or scratches. The person in the store put it on. Ask if I want to buy them said yes and she put it on along with the case and I never had a problem.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

9. jassimine

jassimine New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Though it looks thick, It lasts long - Xtreme Guards

Search tags for this page
are all screen protectors the same
xtreme guard review
xtreme guard reviews
xtreme guard screen protector review
xtreme guard vs invisible shield