Screen protectors are a must!

ndoren

Reaction score
Lastly dont buy the Verizon 3 pack I tried them yesterday and the fit isnt correct the guy at the store AFTER I bought them and was returning them said I needed to trim one side for it to fit correctly. I told him they are suppost to be already cut to fit and I wanted my money back.

There is a small ridge along the outside edge of the glass, all the way around. If you don't fit your Verizon screen protector PERFECTLY within the space, it won't lie flat along the egde it's against, and will bubble. Thus, the Verizon protector is a smidge too wide, in my opinion. Technically it'll fit just right if your "aim" at getting it installed is perfect. Otherwise, it's easier to trim a bit from the edge.

OP
S

springer01

Reaction score
Yes I saw that and still couldnt get the alignment correct.. ohh well it didnt even cover the whole screen anyways.

And to those few of you who still think your screens wont scratch just wait. I have NEVER been this careful with a phone before, because all other phones I bought with some type of protection be it a case or screen protector or both. Because of my local store not having any in stock I was super careful and only pocketed the phone when I had to and made sure nothing was in my pocket, well nothing I could see anyways Im sure there was some dirt, sand ect... and in the 3 days I had the phone it scratched. So believe what you want, but mine scratched Im looking at it right now!

mosherjm

Reaction score
I've been using a pouch from a pair of sunglasses whenever it goes in my pocket. Most sunglasses come with pouches (SPY, Electric, Arnette, Anarchy, etc). The pouches are all perfect size for the Droid.

Just something to try.

RosarioM

Reaction score
I bought a pack of these. It's tough and looks great. Covers the whole screen, even the touch sensitive buttons at the button. With 5 of them, you can afford to screw it up a few times.

5X EZguard Motorola VERIZON DROID Screen Protector A855 - eBay (item 230397632730 end time Nov-19-09 10:47:41 PST)

These dont seem to have the cutout for the proximity sensor. Do you have the issue where if you make a phone call and move the phone from your ear the screen stays black?

freshtodeath213

Reaction score
I bought a pack of these. It's tough and looks great. Covers the whole screen, even the touch sensitive buttons at the button. With 5 of them, you can afford to screw it up a few times.

5X EZguard Motorola VERIZON DROID Screen Protector A855 - eBay (item 230397632730 end time Nov-19-09 10:47:41 PST)

These dont seem to have the cutout for the proximity sensor. Do you have the issue where if you make a phone call and move the phone from your ear the screen stays black?

I don't. If I move it away from my ear, the screen comes back on. I love it so far. It does cause bubbles to form, but you can just move it to the side very easily.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Just use an I.S. and dont worry about it. Better safe than sorry. Reduces finger prints and smudges too.

mitchb2

Reaction score
I just ordered the Gadget Guard protector from eBay. I figure for $7 and free shipping it's worth a shot.

Danthok

Reaction score
On HowardForums some people are saying that sand and quarts can build up in your pocket and that will scratch the screen. It has happened to some people with iphones and ipod touches as well. I went through the Verizon screens and was not able to install them without air bubbles.. I was going to go without one until I read about the sand... now I need to get one asap...

And how often may I ask do these people wash their clothes? This seems hard to believe if you are a person with decent personal hygiene and do not live in a desert.

josh

Reaction score
I have kept my Droid since launch day in my pocket with nothing more than a tube of chapstick, and it has some fine scratches on the screen already. I noticed this last night and tried to put on the Verizon protectors I bought and then never got around to putting on.

There is a small ridge along the outside edge of the glass, all the way around. If you don't fit your Verizon screen protector PERFECTLY within the space, it won't lie flat along the egde it's against, and will bubble. Thus, the Verizon protector is a smidge too wide, in my opinion.

That was my experience, and I ended up trashing the first one. The second one is on now but it bubbles and isn't sticking to the corners. It's really hard to put on just right. I didn't try the third last night as I was tired and getting pissed off. Maybe tonight I'll give it a shot after trimming a tiny amount off one side.

wil318466

Reaction score
I dunno what you people are talking about. I've walked around with this thing in my pocket along with keys and change and whatever in my pocket.

This glass cover is durable as hell. It is 100%, perfectly flawless right now. I wouldn't recommend getting one of those ripoff covers. I bought them, put one cover on, and took it off within an hour. Lowered the sensitivity in my opinion.

The glass on this phone practically cleans itself. A quick wipe on my jeans/pants/jogging pants and its 100% clean. When I say clean, I mean SPOTLESS AND PERFECT. I'm looking at it now at all angles and am kinda shocked how nice it is.

Oh, I dropped it once, too. No problems.

I just don't know how people are having these issues... I dont' have any of these issues at all. I swear if I didn't know better people are making this stuff up. I mean, I'm not saying you guys are, but this thing seems indestructible to me (even though I'm not willing to test it out lol). I just don't understand how we can have such opposite views.

-Wil

bbtkd

Reaction score
The VZW store I bought my Droid from pre-installed screen protectors on some of the units so I bought one with it pre-installed. I don't like the smudges which won't come off the protector so I'm leaning towards removing it. I always use a face in holster, never pocket it, and I get a new phone every year so it only has to last another 11.5 months.

OP
S

springer01

Reaction score
I dunno what you people are talking about. I've walked around with this thing in my pocket along with keys and change and whatever in my pocket.

This glass cover is durable as hell. It is 100%, perfectly flawless right now. I wouldn't recommend getting one of those ripoff covers. I bought them, put one cover on, and took it off within an hour. Lowered the sensitivity in my opinion.

The glass on this phone practically cleans itself. A quick wipe on my jeans/pants/jogging pants and its 100% clean. When I say clean, I mean SPOTLESS AND PERFECT. I'm looking at it now at all angles and am kinda shocked how nice it is.

Oh, I dropped it once, too. No problems.

I just don't know how people are having these issues... I dont' have any of these issues at all. I swear if I didn't know better people are making this stuff up. I mean, I'm not saying you guys are, but this thing seems indestructible to me (even though I'm not willing to test it out lol). I just don't understand how we can have such opposite views.

-Wil

Mybe it is the kryptonite I carry in my pocket. I'm just sharing my story believe me or not, scratch your screen or not I don't care.... just my .02