Screen protectors are a must!

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by springer01, Nov 15, 2009.

1. josh

josh Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have kept my Droid since launch day in my pocket with nothing more than a tube of chapstick, and it has some fine scratches on the screen already. I noticed this last night and tried to put on the Verizon protectors I bought and then never got around to putting on.

That was my experience, and I ended up trashing the first one. The second one is on now but it bubbles and isn't sticking to the corners. It's really hard to put on just right. I didn't try the third last night as I was tired and getting pissed off. Maybe tonight I'll give it a shot after trimming a tiny amount off one side.

2. wil318466

wil318466 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I dunno what you people are talking about. I've walked around with this thing in my pocket along with keys and change and whatever in my pocket.

This glass cover is durable as hell. It is 100%, perfectly flawless right now. I wouldn't recommend getting one of those ripoff covers. I bought them, put one cover on, and took it off within an hour. Lowered the sensitivity in my opinion.

The glass on this phone practically cleans itself. A quick wipe on my jeans/pants/jogging pants and its 100% clean. When I say clean, I mean SPOTLESS AND PERFECT. I'm looking at it now at all angles and am kinda shocked how nice it is.

Oh, I dropped it once, too. No problems.

I just don't know how people are having these issues... I dont' have any of these issues at all. I swear if I didn't know better people are making this stuff up. I mean, I'm not saying you guys are, but this thing seems indestructible to me (even though I'm not willing to test it out lol). I just don't understand how we can have such opposite views.

-Wil

3. bbtkd

bbtkd Active Member

Ratings:
    +26
    The VZW store I bought my Droid from pre-installed screen protectors on some of the units so I bought one with it pre-installed. I don't like the smudges which won't come off the protector so I'm leaning towards removing it. I always use a face in holster, never pocket it, and I get a new phone every year so it only has to last another 11.5 months.

4. springer01

springer01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mybe it is the kryptonite I carry in my pocket. I'm just sharing my story believe me or not, scratch your screen or not I don't care.... just my .02