Screen Protector

Jedidr0id

Reaction score
Anyone using a good screen protector for their Droid 2? I'm using the one sold by Verizon and its okay but I noticed dust is starting to get under it.

Gibbsinator

Reaction score
Maybe the guy that put in on did a sucky job. My rep did a pretty darn good job with mine, no bubbles, it's aligned well, etc. My bro's DX screen protector didn't come out quite so good though.

OP
J

Jedidr0id

Reaction score
Lol actually I applied it. It's align fine with no air bubbles. Just noticed a spec of dust.

HuJass

Reaction score
My Verizon sales person put mine on as well.
She did an AWESOME job. Perfectly aligned, no dust, no bubbles.
I'll probably go back to her when it needs another one.

BTW. How long do they last?

SangYuP

Reaction score
I bought mine and when I got home I realized that the protector didn't cover the whole screen but only the part of the screen that lights up. I was disappointed because I was thinking it would cover the whole screen. Now I have to worry about the exposed part and be careful that it doesn't get scratched.

slowtype

Reaction score
I had the protector screens from verizon but I thought they were terrible. they say anti glare but it was clearly worse. Also the touch screen was unresponsive and I kept hitting the wrong buttons.

It gave me a bad first impression of this phone.

Of course after I removed the protector I scratched the screen in three hours because I tried to answer a phone call while my hands were dirty from working on my car.

Anyway

As the OP requested. Does anyone know a screen protector that doesn't render the touch screen useless?

Cee

Reaction score
We got ours at Verizon and my husband applied them. The screen is just as responsive and it's now a matte finish, but there *is* some glare still. It covers the entire screen and seems to work fine. I think it has everything to do with how well it is applied. If done improperly the touch screen won't respond correctly.

If you don't like Verizon's offerings, you can go online and find lots for sale. Our mall has a kiosk where they sell and apply them for all the different devices/brands.

Gibbsinator

Reaction score
I fiddled with the phone before he applied my screen protector, and prefer HAVING the screen protector. The protector is slick, so sliding is a lot easier, my fingers stuck to the bare screen, was hard to scroll.

My only covers the touch screen as well. The membrane keys aren't covered, he said it was supposed to be like that. It's also the same protector as the original Droid, which is a large reason why.

OP
J

Jedidr0id

Reaction score
I wiped it as instructed, it's only a spec of dust and wasn't there after I applied. I was just wondering if anyone else has this.

shallowwaterdroid

Reaction score
I use zagg most of the time . Its a pain the arse to get on but when you do its worth it ! I also saw these while getting a Mesh snap on case.

OP
J

Jedidr0id

Reaction score
I was also looking at the Zagg invisable shield for the Droid 2. It looks quite messy to apply.

WhiteSoul8

Reaction score
Sadly, they don't have the full skins available yet for Droid 2. I just ordered the skin for the Droid 1, since the footprint of the main screen should be exactly the same.

Great promotional offer! I also ordered one for my Iphone 3Gs. Two skins for just under $6. Saved me a few dollars compared to spending gas money and paying slightly more for similar products at a large retailer. Thanks for the link!

Right now you can get a full-body skin for free at Stealth Guard Protectors. I have had mine on since Feb and it works great. You just pay a couple dollars in shipping.

Moniac

Reaction score
Sadly, they don't have the full skins available yet for Droid 2. I just ordered the skin for the Droid 1, since the footprint of the main screen should be exactly the same.

Great promotional offer! I also ordered one for my Iphone 3Gs. Two skins for just under $6. Saved me a few dollars compared to spending gas money and paying slightly more for similar products at a large retailer. Thanks for the link!

Right now you can get a full-body skin for free at Stealth Guard Protectors. I have had mine on since Feb and it works great. You just pay a couple dollars in shipping.

It seems they have now gotten them for the Droid 2.