Screen Protector

krpiper

Reaction score
Do you guys recommend one?

I've had my phone for about 2 weeks now and I havent put one on, but should I?

uflraptor

Reaction score
I've been using my Droid since January with no screen protector and it still looks great. I use my Droid a lot all day every day.

TBV

Reaction score
I bought and had the 'Invisible Shield' installed for me @ Best Buy (even though I work @ VZW ;))...although the screen on the Droid is rather well made, the biggest difference I notice on the devices that have display protectors and those that don't is there is a noticeable reduction in the 'finger streaks'...

For some reason a phone with the display protector on it just does not pick up the oils from the fingers like a 'naked' screen does. (shrugs shoulders) TBV

jgumphress

Reaction score
I used ScreenGuardz.com on my Palm Treo for years and swore by them. When I got my Droid I ordered some right away. But, after a couple of days I pulled it off because it distracted from the beautiful shinny glass. From what I notice though the Droid has some pretty tough glass and does not scratch as easy as the old school screens of the Palm Pilot days. I vote for not using screen protectors.

cwzwack

Reaction score
I never liked screen protectors, but when I bought the Droid VZW's rep said if I didn't he would have to note it in my account. This protects them in case I ever complain about the glass being scratched. So, needless to say, I bought the protector but never put it on.

bishoy

Reaction score
check out bestskinsever.com
I absolutely love these skins and I bought these skins for my iPod, my brother's iPod touch, my old Touch pro AND touch pro 2, my macbook, and my creative mp3 Player. They are the best, and if you put them on right, they will never get dirty under the corners of the skin

Reaction score
I got a 3 pack at the Verizon booth at BJ's, where & when I got my Droid about 3 months ago. Put one on right away and it is still on and no scuffs or slipping of it. I do not notice that it is there but know it is. :motdroidhoriz:

Didn't have one on my Pre and it got a few scratches on it that a protector would have prevented.
:motdroidvert:

Eric559

Reaction score
I never liked screen protectors, but when I bought the Droid VZW's rep said if I didn't he would have to note it in my account. This protects them in case I ever complain about the glass being scratched. So, needless to say, I bought the protector but never put it on.

That's too funny. I'm going to have to start saying that to get people to buy screen protectors from me. Haha.

chops

Reaction score
LOL dude why did you type something like that, why would you fall for a line like that. But onto to the topic at hand the sgp steinhall one is realy good its like no protector it feels ike glass

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No, it doesn't need a screen protector. But I did enjoy the story of the guy who bought one because the VZW Rep said he'd have to "note his account."

Must have been a franchise Verizon store, Verizon wouldn't have their own CSR's do that.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you guys recommend one?

I've had my phone for about 2 weeks now and I havent put one on, but should I?
Check out the Accessories forum. There's quite a bit of existing discussion on various options.

TBV

Reaction score
I bought and had the 'Invisible Shield' installed for me @ Best Buy

What did this Cost?

It came to just under $30...about $21 for the protector and $8 to have the rep install it...

I have personally installed 100's of protectors on phones, however with the 'Invisible Shield' installation including liquid, and Best Buy guaranteeing the protector and installation for 'life', I thought, "what the hell, let her put that on for me".

Very glad I did...it looks great, and definitely minimizes smudges and smears.