Screen Protector?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I think I've asked this already but never got an answer... What do the SGP screen protectors cover? Do they cover all the glass or just the actual touchscreen? On the one I had for my DX, it covered everything, but I'm hearing mixed reviews on the ones for the S3.

According to the sole review on Amazon, it doesn't cover the entire glass. I'm guessing it's like several other screen protectors out there - it extends beyond the actual touchscreen, but doesn't go all the way to the edge of the face of the phone.

kparks

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
According to the sole review on Amazon, it doesn't cover the entire glass. I'm guessing it's like several other screen protectors out there - it extends beyond the actual touchscreen, but doesn't go all the way to the edge of the face of the phone.

Exactly.. no screen protector will on the s3 because of the curved glass. The ones that covered the whole glass would peel up

Dizzo1992

Reaction score
So is there any screen protector out there that just covers the screen and not the top and bottom? I dont really like the look of having the top and bottom covered :/

Signum

Reaction score
I like the steinheil ultra crystal from sgpstore.com

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

03vorteczr2

Reaction score
I purchased the steinheil ultra crystal and installed it but because of the curved glass there is about a 1/16" around the entire phone that doesn't stick to the screen. I have used the ultra crystal before on my DX for over a year and it was perfect but it had a flat screen.

kparks

Reaction score
03vorteczr2 said:
I purchased the steinheil ultra crystal and installed it but because of the curved glass there is about a 1/16" around the entire phone that doesn't stick to the screen. I have used the ultra crystal before on my DX for over a year and it was perfect but it had a flat screen.

Ummm how did u purchase these they have been discontinued for the s3 for weeks because of that problem... If u call spigen they will send u a replacement for free.

kparks

Reaction score
Signum said:
I like the steinheil ultra crystal from sgpstore.com

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

These protectors will not work on the s3 u will have to get the ultra clear or optics both are great! Tho I agree for other models they are great

03vorteczr2

Reaction score
Ummm how did u purchase these they have been discontinued for the s3 for weeks because of that problem... If u call spigen they will send u a replacement for free.

I purchased some time in June on Amazon while I was waiting since I pre ordered the phone. Didnt know they were discontinued. Thanks for letting me know! Ill have to give them a call.

kparks

Reaction score
03vorteczr2 said:
I purchased some time in June on Amazon while I was waiting since I pre ordered the phone. Didnt know they were discontinued. Thanks for letting me know! Ill have to give them a call.

Yup no problem but be aware that all the protectors u can get for it now are slightly smaller but still cover all the touch display. Post back how it works out

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
I bought the screen protectors that were on Verizon's website when I pre-ordered the SGS3...generic, 3-pak...anyway, they work fine, and I would never operate a phone without a screen protector. In the 18 months I used my Droid X, I only dropped it once, in my car...but it fell screen-first against the gear shift! The screen protector had a nasty scratch, but the actual screen was spotless... It seems foolish to me to spend so much on a device that you interact with by its SCREEN without using a screen protector LOL

Beka27

Reaction score
BUMP

What other screen protectors have people used and how are they holding up?

We bought the Clarivue SP on the recommendation of a member here. I have to say that this is by far the crappiest SP I've ever used. Application was a disaster (and I'm no stranger to SP application) and it has looked awful since I put it on. It's now filled with gouges and air bubbles. I need to replace it ASAP.