Screen Protector?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
That's not true.. if you have ocd about your screen like I do, you'll find that the zagg and the military shield both are prone to gouges. They don't go all the way through, but it causes bumps and raises in the protector. Zagg is OK, but if you want that same protection without the orange peel, use a military shield, its also easier to run your thumb across the military shield. The zagg feels like a racing tire.. very grippy....

Now for the clairvue... haven't used it.. so idk.

Also the way the warranty works on all of these protectors zagg and armor suit for sure, you pay then for the replacement, they send it to you, you send back the damaged protector, then they refund your money... it takes almost a month for the entire process.. least it did for my wife.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

Reaction score
Sounds like I will be getting a military shield next. That warrenty process sounds like more of a pain than its worth. I loved the otterbox warrenty process, I litally told them i hated the case i got for my droid x and they upgraded it for free and i recieved a new case not even a week later.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Otterbox has a great warranty... I have only have one defective case... actually it was broken by a vzw rep trying to get it off, and otterbox covered it.. I have nothing negative to say about otterbox at all.

I love the military shield, I have it on all of my devices now. It doesn't cause the pixelation that the zagg can cause... its all subjective.. one mans trash is another mans treasure..

Ya gotta find what you like :)

Reaction score
Otterbox has a great warranty... I have only have one defective case... actually it was broken by a vzw rep trying to get it off, and otterbox covered it.. I have nothing negative to say about otterbox at all.

I love the military shield, I have it on all of my devices now. It doesn't cause the pixelation that the zagg can cause... its all subjective.. one mans trash is another mans treasure..

Ya gotta find what you like :)

I just saw the military shield on amazon for 10$ and i am really tempted to get it, i will try to hold off on it so i get a little use out of the invisible shield

Relex

Reaction score
When I got my og droid when it first came out I never got a screen protector because every one said you didn't need one and I got scratches all over it. When I got my thunderbolt I put a screen protector on it since day one and now on my s3 I'm using the screen protector that came with my otterbox.

Beka27

Reaction score
To Sqeekybigfoot... I used the generic Verizon screen protector on my DX for awhile (maybe 4 or 5 months?) before I upgraded to the SGP Crystal Clear. Let me tell you, I didn't realize how AWFUL my phone had looked until I put a quality protector on. THEN, I was kicking myself for having waited so long. Make the change sooner rather than later. I'm sure you'll be glad you did. You've paid good money for a great phone, make the best of it!

alegerlotz

Reaction score
Anti Glare

I like the anti-glare screen protectors so the phone is better readable outside or on a plane watching a video.

For my past 2 phones I've just used the anti-glare sheets from Verizon. Probably not the highest protection in the world, but I can use a screen protector for a year and have it be virtually like new.

When I ordered the S3 (which is set to be delivered today!) I got the verizon anti-glare protectors as well.

LadyPhoenix

Reaction score
Of all the screen. Protecters...... Which is one is easy to put the on without me getting a hazmat suit to keep dust away while. I install it? ..

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I like the anti-glare screen protectors so the phone is better readable outside or on a plane watching a video.

For my past 2 phones I've just used the anti-glare sheets from Verizon. Probably not the highest protection in the world, but I can use a screen protector for a year and have it be virtually like new.

When I ordered the S3 (which is set to be delivered today!) I got the verizon anti-glare protectors as well.

I like the idea behind anti-glare screen protectors, but for me, they just make the screen too grainy. Having an easier time seeing the screen outside is nice, but I don't find the trade-off of indoor quality to be worth it.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Of all the screen. Protecters...... Which is one is easy to put the on without me getting a hazmat suit to keep dust away while. I install it? ..
Here are some instructions how to install any shield without getting dust under it, it works ALL the time, enjoy.

No it's not a a wet application. It's the static cling type, now this is what I do before installing, go to the bathroom turn on the showers hot water let it run with a closed door, the steam reduces microscopic particles floating in the air, but if you do get lint underneath just do this and it works like a charm. Wash your hands first. Get the sponge you wash the dishes with and use jet dry dishwashing liquid, it leaves no hard water residue, place film on your palm top bottom side the side that will go on the screen and wash it with the sponge with jet dry liquid, rinse well, now place on phone and lining it up, once lined up and set, use a card to squeegee all the excess water from beneath the protector " make sure phone is off while doing this", have done this many times and it works like a charm with no bubbles ever, the reason you get bubbles that never go away is because of that fine lint that traps itself below the protector. You can also do this with the Zagg, make sure the top of the screen is moist while using the squeegee. And your hands are washed with soap,

Vmax

Reaction score
I'm using the SGP nano clear and it is great! Excellent clarity and smooth to the touch.

kparks

Reaction score
LadyPhoenix said:

I got the spigen sgp ultra clear also and it works great and come well packaged with everything u need but I just wiped it off with the cloth but if u wanna get real serious go in the bathroom and turn the shower on.. u peel the back almost half way off line it up with the home button then slowly apply the rest of the screen .. Spigen is the only protectors ill buy I think zagg suck...

Last edited:

kparks

Reaction score
bsweetness said:
I like the idea behind anti-glare screen protectors, but for me, they just make the screen too grainy. Having an easier time seeing the screen outside is nice, but I don't find the trade-off of indoor quality to be worth it.

The sgp optics look amazing check them out

Beka27

Reaction score
I got the spigen sgp ultra clear also and it works great and come well packaged with everything u need but I just wiped it off with the cloth but if u wanna get real serious go in the bathroom and turn the shower on.. u peel the back almost half way off line it up with the home button then slowly apply the rest of the screen .. Spigen is the only protectors ill buy I think zagg suck...

I think I've asked this already but never got an answer... What do the SGP screen protectors cover? Do they cover all the glass or just the actual touchscreen? On the one I had for my DX, it covered everything, but I'm hearing mixed reviews on the ones for the S3.