Screen protector

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by jacobin, Feb 19, 2012.

1. jacobin

jacobin New Member

[h=1]Should I get the RAZR MAXX Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series Ultra Crystal or Ultra Fine? Pros/Cons Please![/h]
  2. rlarson_mn

rlarson_mn New Member

I have not used a screen protector. IMPO gorilla glass does to need protection. The Razr Maxx has gorilla glass.
  3. jacobin

jacobin New Member

Even though I keep mine phone in my pocket. I was afraid of keys, coins and other common scratches.
  4. DocsDad

DocsDad New Member

5. Psyman

Psyman Member

The guy who sold mine pulled his phone out and ran car keys over it. Not a scratch on it. Does that for people to show the tuffness of gorilla glass. No protection on it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  6. GalaxyFlatulence

GalaxyFlatulence New Member

personally, i wouldn't bother with a screen prot on a moto gorilla glass phone, but the ultra crystal is what i would go for.
  7. johnolenardo

johnolenardo New Member

I think you should look into Amazon for screen protectors, I got one there for a fairly decent price. It will arrive on friday, and then I will know more details on how it would protect my screen
  8. cece5702

cece5702 Member

What exactly is gorilla glass!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX
  9. MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams Member

IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
    I am terrible with anything that can be pulled or pealed off (I fidget wayyyyyyyyy too much) but what I have seen on my husbands phones, the screen protector gets way more fingerprints, isn't as responsive (or that might be in my head) and the screen protector gets scratches on it with junk that wouldn't scratch the glass...
  10. MrTommy

MrTommy New Member

Maybe I'm just immune to the screen protector being there.

I've had a screen protector on my Moto Droid I since the say I bought it. I was in a bad 'big-truck' wreck a couple years ago and my Droid somehow ended up wedged in the headliner once the cab came to a sliding hault - on its roof. I had a Body Glove on it too. Trashed the Body Glove and scratched the heck out of my screen protector. :crying:

Now I'm just paranoid that I'll somehow scratch the screen on my new (to be picked up in two days) Razr Maxx. I'm having trouble wrapping my head around not needing some sort of screen protection.

Oh, and Body Glove sent me two new cases free after hearing of my situation. I put a new protector on and it's been on it ever since.
  11. MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams Member

IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
    amazing story... glad you came out of it OK too. If you are use to screen protectors and it will give you an added bit of peace of mind go for it... :icon_ lala:
  12. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Two kinds of people in the world; those who like screen protectors and those who hate them. I'm in the latter group. But having said that, it's important to know what Gorilla Glass does for you and what it doesn't. It DOES provide excellent protection against scratches, minor abrasions, and to a large extent "pitting" of the screen. It does NOT provide a "shatterproof" screen. Gorilla Glass will shatter if subjected to a point-specific drop, usually on the corner of the device. So, to the extent that a screen protector lessens that risk (not much compared to a case), a screen protector may be worth the investment. Personally, I don't think it is, especially considering the effect on my blood pressure to put it on, keep it on, and clean it.
  13. JeffDenver

JeffDenver New Member

It's a special type of glass built by Corning that is much stronger than normal glass.

The Droid 1 had it. After over two years of heavy use, my Droid 1's case is pretty scratched up. But my Droid 1's screen looks brand new. Gorilla Glass is awesome. All glass screens are very resistant to scratches but Gorilla glass even more so.

It is not invulnerable, but it would take a lot to scratch it. Here's a video demo of it:

Check out that last text with the ball bearings (Time index 1:20) especially. Keep in mind, that video is old...the current generation used in the Razr and Spectrum is even better than that.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  14. johnolenardo

johnolenardo New Member

I got mines off Amazon, it was called ArmorSuit. If you aren't into the installation process that requires solution...this probably isn't for you! Though, imho, I really like the outcome of this product! Also, the sensitivity of my screen hasn't changed!

Just my opinions! ;)
Search tags for this page
glass shatterproof screen protector razr maxx hd
pros and cons for gorilla glass phone screen protectors

pros and cons of screen protectors

razr m needing a screen protector?

screen protector pros and cons

shatterproof screen protector droid x2
steinheil ultra crystal droid maxx