Screen protector

GreenAcid

Reaction score
So Verizon pulled a fast one on me yesterday and gave me an anti glare pack without the option of a semi gloss. Is it me or does the matte finish make it way less responsive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
I actually tried. They said a new store policy doesn't let them do it. Also they didn't even give me my 25% off. So I ended up coughing up 15 bucks.

Reaction score
vzw store screen protectors blow. get stieinheil oleophobics. you can return the vzw ones. :D

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
They won't let me bro

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
Got the one liderc recommended.

What316

Reaction score
I had the anti glare ones...They were awful! I got the ultra oleophobic like so many have, it's great.

Tip: For some reason the front and back labeled wrong. The 1 & 2 are opposite. I thought I was doing it wrong, but I know some other people had that problem too. And I've put on many screen protectors in my days lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
This is how bad the anti glare one looks. My brother and I have the same phone and my dad wanted to know why his phones screen looked more clear than mine. And he knows Jack about electronics. Lol.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's a disaster. I remember seeing people on the release day posting why their Nexus screens looked so awful and we couldn't figure out what they were all talking about on the forums until we figured out that they all had been talked into buying the anti-glare protectors from Verizon heh.

x25064

Reaction score
FYI the ultra oleos are a huge ripoff for what you get. First off they are in NO way, shape, or form, oleophobic. Its laughable how much they aren't. They're really a small step above the Verizon ones, and nothing to brag about. The quality is meh, and they may leave trapped air after installation, with absolutely no dust on the screen.

Highly overpriced and overrated.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't have any air trapped underneath, it's almost always user error when someone doesn't like a screen protector.

I agree it smudges up quickly, but it's basically the best dry application we have for the Nexus.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
FYI the ultra oleos are a huge ripoff for what you get. First off they are in NO way, shape, or form, oleophobic. Its laughable how much they aren't. They're really a small step above the Verizon ones, and nothing to brag about. The quality is meh, and they may leave trapped air after installation, with absolutely no dust on the screen.

Highly overpriced and overrated.

I totally agree. I tried them - they get fingerprints 10x easier than the naked screen and they are hard to clean off. On mine I could not get the trapped air out of the center one time, another time there was a hairline (no hair) that I couldn't get rid of and another defect on it.

Also it FEELS like plastic.

Right now I'm using the VZW Black Silicon case and going naked on the screen.