Screen Protector

mcatdtDroid

Reaction score
As weird as it sounds, I use standard packing tape. Clear of course. It doesn't glare, removes very easily, no residue or anything. Lasts about 3 weeks and I put on another layer. Practically free as 1 roll lasts practically forever. I have a straight blade that tims it exactly to the edges and onece you figure out the trick to applying it without bubbles....you're set

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice.

JTurner, I might be trying that skin out.

I already found a small scratch on my screen, it's not enough to actually bother me, but that's the point where I start looking for a little extra protection.

Mcat, does that really work? It's not a bad idea, but packaging tape is pretty thin. It just doesn't seem like it would stop anything.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey i figured i would share this link. it shows a review for bestskinsever, ghost armor, zagg, and bodyguardz phone protectors. I hope this can help.

[video=youtube;Hli1pSZV2g0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hli1pSZV2g0[/video]

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
i have the anti glare & it works just fine. doesn't affect the touch screen at all

Aloha from Hawaii ... D2G

Phone Man

Reaction score
I only use a screen protector to minimize finger prints.
I have tried the mat finish which shows no prints however
the print in news papers is not crisp.

The crystal clear shows some prints however the print
in clear and crisp.

Khiraji

Reaction score
I just installed my second ZAGG invisibleSHIELD on my D2, and it is glorious. The first one I bought from Best Buy (stupid move, they're cheaper online) had a manufacturing defect that rendered it almost useless. I sent it back to ZAGG and they sent me a new one for free (lifetime guarantee FTW).

The new one is wonderful - it has a tiny defect near the top, but is only noticeable when the screen is off. When the screen is on, it really is invisible. It also seems to repel finger oil better than the bare screen - a quick wipe off with my shirt and it's shiny and new again. I would send it back again, but it's not enough to go through the hassle of installing again and there's a chance that the slider on my D2 is borked and I'll have to exchange the phone at the VZW store anyway.

I would highly recommend the ZAGG protector, and don't be afraid to send it back if you get a bad one. I've heard around that the frequency of manufacturing defects is statistically significant - but as long as you register your protector as soon as you get it, ZAGG will send you new ones. It's like $3 for shipping, which is sort of BS if you get a defective one (and wherever you bought it from doesn't want to exchange it), but imo it's a small price to pay for protecting your screen.

Inverse

Reaction score
I don't recommend Zagg at all. Always feels like plastic on you screen. The SGP Crystal Clear is freaking amazing. It feels like glass on your Droid. Friend of mine got into an argument with me because he didn't think I had a protector on at all, I had to show him the packaging to prove it (comes with two).

Go ahead and get the zagg like all the other Best Buy shoppers, or treat yourself to the SGP. Youtube has tons of clips up, and every one that reviews sgp will tell you the same.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Khiraji

Reaction score
Hmm... SGP Crystal Clear? Haven't heard of it but a quick google brings up some interesting info.

I know what you mean by the "stickyness" of the Zagg protector - my first one was sticky and terrible, but my current one is night-and-day different. Smooth and slick, no "orange peel" effect, virtually invisible. I guess there are some significant variations between individual Zagg protectors.

Well, whatever works. The hinges on my D2 seem to be getting a little loose, so if I end up going back to VZW to have them swap it out maybe I'll try a Crystal Clear.

Atl_Droid2

Reaction score
after getting my D2 I wanted to put a screen protector ASAP - I learned from my previous smart phone (Storm) to protect them early. I'm hard on phones and I'm OCD about keeping them looking new so....

Anywho without doing any research I hit up amazon and ended up with a set of mirrored screen protectors. The brand is iNcido. The fit is perfect, the install is easy and clean and because it is a bit on the thick side, its great for protection, but does ever so slightly infringe on the touch department. But its not really THAT noticeable. But what was a total miscalculation, was the mirrored effect. I didn't think it would be so aggressive. Its literally like a two-way mirror, which means that you can only see the screen if/when the brightness of the screen is greater than your ambient light. Well outdoors in bright sunlight, the phone is totally useless. The only way to use the phone is to position yourself in some kind of shade or shadow. So while I like the quality of the material itself, I need to find a clear one.

lenardroid

Reaction score
I'm currently using zagg for me its a good screen protector. It's your decision that matters but I hope it helps.

becksterpas25

Reaction score
I ordered a ZAGG screen protector after seeing it recommended in the forums, but had a nightmare trying to install it. I like the screen protector a lot and would like to be able to use it. ZAGG is sending me a new screen protector. Does anyone know if I can go somewhere to have someone install it for me?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Installing it is easy.. Urn on the shower in our bathroom.. Hot... Steam up the bathroom good....
Make sure your screen is clean before you go in to the bathroom....
Make sure you wash your hands good with dawn.....
(phone off!!!!!!!)
Now go into the bathroom, spray your phone liberally with the applicator solution... Have the screen protector punched out then remove it from the cardboard..

No slap it on... Your sceen should be wet enough to slide the protector around..

Position it... Now.... From the center, use the squeegee and push the excess solution from under the protector...

Screwed up???? Peel it up, wash it with warm water... Re wet the screen and ry again.... Easy...

I've installed literally EVERY screen protector known to man..., ghost armor, military shields, .... On down the line..

Now this one that you've chosen, will b very grippy... Like a race tire... That's why I prefer military shields... Same material... Just no bumpy surface to stick to my finger... I HATE STICKY FEELING SCREEN PROTECTORS...
Good luck :D

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Wait a few moments for your device to dry before powering up...

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Possibly even blot off the excess water carefully... Be careful.. DON'T USE A HAIR DRYER TO DRY IT EITHER... that's very important..

user242

Reaction score
I bought a Zagg type front and back screen cover for my dna from this eBay store the cover is called Stealth Shieldz it was only $5 shipped anyway it was fairly easy to install by following the directions which stated to use a soapy/water mixture. I put it in a bowl and lightly soaked the plastic film in it and removed the excess liquid from the film and applied it carefully to my clean screen. I also had a micro fiber cloth on hand to remove the excess liquid from getting to close to the edges of my phone. Once in place I used a small thin plastic card to squeegee out the air bubbles and excess water it came out really nice. It just requires a little patience and you may have to at least once peel it off and start all over but that's pretty easy to do and just start the procedure over again.

The cover I applied offers great protection and is really clear the only issue I have is not being able to smoothly scroll my fingers over the screen at times causing me to occasionally select something on the screen I didn't want to.