Screen Protector Problems

rbres15

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a new Droid 2 owner, I bought a otterbox cover which came with a screen protector as well. After installing the peel on screencover the screen would turn off immediatly after making a call, and would not turn back on. After removing the screen protector the screen stayed lit properly when making a call.

My question is does anyone have a brand of screen protector that they can recommend that wont interfere with the screen sensor that controls the on/off function when making calls.

BTW, the otterbox cover seems very solid, the only negative is there is currently no holster offered for it.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a new Droid 2 owner, I bought a otterbox cover which came with a screen protector as well. After installing the peel on screencover the screen would turn off immediatly after making a call, and would not turn back on. After removing the screen protector the screen stayed lit properly when making a call.

My question is does anyone have a brand of screen protector that they can recommend that wont interfere with the screen sensor that controls the on/off function when making calls.

BTW, the otterbox cover seems very solid, the only negative is there is currently no holster offered for it.

The LCD isn't supposed to be lit while on a call.

Reaction score
If you have the phone up to your face, its not supposed to be lit. But I assume the OP meant when he pulls it away from his face it remains unlit, and that isn't normal.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

bishoy

Reaction score
have you considered not using a screen protector at all? these screens are pretty much scratch proof so screen protectors dont really do much anymore.

but anyway, to answer your question, try to find a screen protector with a hole that leaves the proximity sensor uncovered. that should work just fine

OP
R

rbres15

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses,

Yes, I understand the screen is supposed to go off when its up to my face. The problem here was as soon as i hit the call button, the screen would go off, and would not come back on. It didn't do this before i put the screen protector on, and it stopped doing it as soon as i took it off so you do the math. I do not mean to say anythiing negative about the otterbox cover which i am very happy with, just the screen protector which was playing havoc with the sensor on the phone.

I have heard that the gorilla glass is strong as hell, but there are still some threads where people have noticed some scratches $3 screen cover assuming i can get one that doesn't mess with the functions of my phone.

Thanks again for all the advice, this is a pretty cool forum!

dsmusicbox

Reaction score
I have cheapie matte screen protectors that hail from Hong Kong via Ebay. No complaints and no scratches. I can't stand glossy protectors - I used these on my D1 too.

spicoli1980

Reaction score
The invisashield from Zaggs are really good.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Standalone010

Reaction score
+1 for ZAGG screens. Pretty durable and I like the texture it adds to the phone.

boatbod

Reaction score
I have an Otterbox screen protector on my D2G and it works fine with my proximity sensor. Did have problems on my wife's phone though - ended up punching a hole above the sensor at the top left of the screen. Works great now.

droidmatic

Reaction score
I've just given up on screen protectors since I took mine off. I'm not too worried about scratches since I'm somewhat careful with my phone and the screen is scratch resistant. It's like a whole new phone.

Give me Liberty or give me Death!

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I've just given up on screen protectors since I took mine off. I'm not too worried about scratches since I'm somewhat careful with my phone and the screen is scratch resistant. It's like a whole new phone.

Actually, with me the issue was and is fingerprints - they drive me crazy! I use the Steinhill Anti Fingerprint screen protectors on all three of my Android phones for that reason alone, and they work very well. I'm not concerned about scratches, just greasy fingerprints. :)

-Mike

METAL MUZZLE

Reaction score
the VZW works great for me - $15 for 3 of them

Come out of the light and into the DarkSlide !

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

You'll regret it when your screen is actually scratched.

iwearhats

Reaction score
+1 for no protection. If I haven't scratched my screen by now, I highly doubt you will. Just keep diamonds out of your pockets.