Screen protector or no screen protector?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

Rayv

Reaction score
This will be my first time going without a screen protector on a smartphone. I got the Note 10.1 about 6 months ago. I ordered a skinomi skin because they had always been my favorite. It really didn't work well with the sPen. I had to keep making the same marks over and over to get it to register. I removed it and skinomi wanted me to try their new skin that they claimed worked well with stylus'. Yeah, that one was worse. Way worse. I don't think they realized the difference between an sPen and the average tablet stylus. Being a professional artist, I use the tablet for drawing on quite a bit so this was not going to work for me. Knowing how bad the skins worked with the sPen I went with the same flip style case for my Note 3 as I've been using for my tablet. I was hesitant because I didn't think I would like not seeing my never ending LED notification lights. Turned out I prefer not having to see my phone blink constantly :D It really isn't annoying for me opening and closing the case either, which I didn't expect.

Oh, the zenus case I got for it came with zenus Luminous screen protectors. They also hindered the sPen. They were better than skinomi, but when trying to do circles or writing letters that had loops, the sPen skipped.

KaChow

Reaction score

While I nearly went this route, I spent some time talking to the owner of iloome over on XDA before the launch of his version of the 9h Note 3. While at the time he was handing out discounts for pre-launch which have expired, but the costs for same quality as Spigen is $24.95. Which imo $15 is a difference, not to mention the shipping and tax also rounded off to over $20 in savings. I got mine a few days ago the install was a snap, in fact below is an install video for those that are interested it is based on an S4. So, far my device has been more responsive since the install, as the s-pen seems to have been too sensitive prior to the install and now it is functioning properly, not sure how that happened, but I like the change, here is link to site, with product line-up (I don't work for these guys- but good product and price.)

[video=youtube;CQOhCOSTIY4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQOhCOSTIY4&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

NOVICE

Reaction score
It is my recollection that the Note 3 user guides for Sprint and Verizon clearly instruct NOT to use a screen protector.

The idjits who hand you your phone routinely recommend a glass protector. Don't know if it's to maximize store profits or just ignorance.

weyman

Reaction score
i thought that too but then again, i wanted to keep the beautiful screen intact you want to opt out for a sp. i think it's worth it especially for less than $10 (see here), here it's some pics of mine
DSC_1726.JPG

geminiworld8

Reaction score
for sure i will buy a screen protector to protect the screen and to avoid any scratch on it. right now i am using the Gearmaxx ultra clear screen protector and this protector is so good. although it is slim, the quality is very good that there was no scratch on it even i dropped on the ground accidentally. it's just my opinion, but if you need a screen protector, should consider this brand. cheers :biggrin:

alexander2020

Reaction score
The essence of screen protector can only be felt when our phone gets ugly with some rough scratches on the screen. However, there are various ways to protect our phone. The question of whether to apply a screen protector or not is solely the preference of the person who owns it. As far as I am concerned, I would rather go for a protective screen cover that would not only saves my screen but also helps keep my phone new and clean. Well, few months back I bought this Samsung Galaxy note 3 and it was pretty awesome. But I could not save it from the scars that was inevitable. Then I was concerned about finding an ideal and suitable screen protector for it. I was searching in the net and finally I found my stuff in the eBay store.

Nillkin 9H Hardness Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 3

is what I have been using since. I found this screen protector in the store of Gearmaxx and this works exceptionally well. So I rather go for a relevant screen protector if I was asked this question.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
how about corning gorilla glass?
wso.jpg

I have Corning GG on a few of my devices. It's a huge advantage but eventually will scratch. A screen protector is a cheap price to pay to keep your device in good condition.

Steve H

Reaction score
I just put on the Spigen Ultra thin along with their Neo Hybrid case.............The case looks GOOD on the phone and does't add a bunch of bulk. This was my first time installing a glass protector..........no air bubbles!!!!!!!!!! I got lucky.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
I've never dropped one of my phones, which makes both cases and screen protectors more of a theoretical advantage. That being said, I always use a case because many of the Samsung phones I own are extremely *slippery* and putting a case on makes them easier to hold on to. I used to use the anti-fingerprint screen protectors, but any screen protector is a PITA for me to install (I'm not the most dexterous person around), so after awhile I simply stopped using them - preferring to use my shirt to wipe off fingerprints. Jeffrey has a very valid point about the protection factor, and the screen protectors out there are not terribly expensive, so by all means get one and use it. :)

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I've actually seen several videos online where they tested phones with/without screen protectors. Just check YouTube. Turns out they actually can make a pretty big difference when it comes to the entire screen cracking. I'm using a flip case now, but in the past I've used screen protectors that when put on correctly, you can't even tell it's there, while keeping full functionality.

But, the truth is that if the phone hits at the right spot, at the right time, in the right way, then the universe has spoken and the glass was gonna crack anyways. But there is some good evidence out there that these things can make a difference the rest of the time...

https://www.youtube.com/results?sea...search_sort=relevance&search_category=0&page=

markbravo2014

Reaction score
This is my first time using a "stylus" on a phone. I generally don't like screen protectors and am worried about how they'll affect the already smooth s-pen response. Anyone have good suggestions on a good protector? I'm thinking of a Ghost Glass protector.

I was reluctant to use screen protectors too. But my friend suggested Gearmaxx to me and I love it!! there is no interference on the touch response function of my screen. My screen looks great and it feels great too!!! Its scratch resistant and there is not a single scratch on my phone's screen. You can find it on ebay. :)

Steve H

Reaction score
I have the Spigen Ultra thin, before that I went through two of the Verizon glass protectors. All three of the protectors I have had start to come unglued in the upper right corner after a couple of weeks. The "glue" comes undone is the same spot each time...........right next to the two small round things next to the ear piece. This is getting pretty frustrating. I can't figure out the cause, asked Verizon and they have no idea. The Spigen has lasted a bit longer than the Verizon ones but for the price I would want to think it should not come ungluded. If you have any thoughts as to the cause or cure for this please let me know.