Screen protector or no screen protector?

Sirgeeps

Reaction score
This is my first time using a "stylus" on a phone. I generally don't like screen protectors and am worried about how they'll affect the already smooth s-pen response. Anyone have good suggestions on a good protector? I'm thinking of a Ghost Glass protector.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
OP
S

Sirgeeps

Reaction score
Amazon.com: SPIGEN Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Oleophobic] [2-Pack] Premium Oil Resistant Coated Clear Screen Protector for Galaxy Note III - Ultra Oleophobic (SGP10447): Cell Phones & Accessories

I ordered those, will be here today and I can let you know how they are. I always use Spigen on my devices, first time trying that variant of them though. I usually just get the Ultra Crystal.

Please let me know.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Please let me know.

I shall. Didn't get delivered yesterday because of Columbus Day. They are at my doorstep, will be putting them on when I get home.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am using the Spigen Glass.t Nano on my S4 with a stylus and I will never use anything less than a real glass screen protector - it far exceeded my expectations :nerd:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well application went perfectly the first time with no dust or bubbles.

Not as smooth as no screen protector but still very nice.

Plus less fingerprints and does not effect screen clarity.

If you don't mind fingerprints I would go with the ultra crystal over these because they are smoother.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well sadly going to have to not recommend this screen protector anymore. Just tried using the S pen with the screen protector and it is no good.

Way too tacky to use the pen.

mcsoul

Reaction score
I do not use a protector on gorilla glass, at least not in the past. I don't plan to on this note 3 either.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I do not use a protector on gorilla glass, at least not in the past. I don't plan to on this note 3 either.

Gorilla glass is nice, my OCD just won't let me chance it though. If I were to get a scratch on the screen it would ruin the device for me. It is worth $15 to prevent that.

OP
S

Sirgeeps

Reaction score
Gorilla glass is nice, my OCD just won't let me chance it though. If I were to get a scratch on the screen it would ruin the device for me. It is worth $15 to prevent that.

Thanks for the update. I'm going naked right now and will have the s_view soon. I think that will be enough coverage.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yep, that should be good.

mcsoul

Reaction score

I hear you, I work from home too, so that may have something to do with it. A lot less risk from in and out of pocket and rush situation tragedies.

Also, by about the third time i dropped my RAZR, it dawned on me that it was indestructible. That may not be the case with this note 3.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I hear you, I work from home too, so that may have something to do with it. A lot less risk from in and out of pocket and rush situation tragedies.

Yeah I leave my Nexus 7 at home without a screen protector. Just like you said, lot less risk there than out in the wild. I am going to have to get another brand of screen protector though, this one makes the S-Pen completely useless.

jseah

Reaction score
I have used screen protectors on every smartphone I have ever had, dating all the way back to the Blackberry Pearl. With the Note 3, it is especially important since it is my wife's phone and she carries it in her purse. Flopping around inside her bag, there will be a greater chance of something rubbing up against the screen. And my son had dropped his S3 about a month after he got it. It cracked the screen, but because he has a screen protector on it, it continues to work without any issues. We just haven't gotten around to getting an insurance replacement for it yet.

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
This is what I got for My GNote3.

gnote3_screen_protector_glas.tr.jpg

Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector GLAS.tR SLIM Premium Tempered Glass - Galaxy Note 3 - Galaxy Note - Samsung - Brands | SPIGEN SGP