Screen protector not very good

andyschumann

Reaction score
hi im new here... :D try did you tried Shield Skins? it did a pretty good job protecting my phone from scratches.. but it's less popular than zagg though..

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Hands down the best screen protector is the Steinheil Crystal. It comes in a 2 pack and is simple to install. Zagg uses a liquid to install but the Steinheil Crystal doesnt use any liquid or anything. Stays on perfectly and looks awesome. It doesn't mess with the touch sensitivity or visibility of the screen. it also feels smooth like the original glass on the phone. Zagg feels kinda textured and rubbery. I have had both the Zagg and Steinheil Crystal and i wont use anything other than Steinheil now.

ncarson

Reaction score
I have the Zagg full body and love it. Have had a few other screen protectors and they always seem to go to crap eventually. Zagg is indestructible and "if" something did ever happen to it, you have a lifetime warranty on it and they'll send you a new one.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I have the Zagg full body and love it. Have had a few other screen protectors and they always seem to go to crap eventually. Zagg is indestructible and "if" something did ever happen to it, you have a lifetime warranty on it and they'll send you a new one.

And Zagg also voids your phones warranty if you take it to Verizon with the protector on the phone because of its use of liquid in the installation. Steinheil doesn't. :)

andyschumann

Reaction score
shield skins and steinheil crystal are two different brands..

you can check out shield skins here
while you can check steinheil here (they dont have a website so that is the only thing i can give you) haha.. google?

hope that clears things up..

ncarson

Reaction score

And Zagg also voids your phones warranty if you take it to Verizon with the protector on the phone because of its use of liquid in the installation. Steinheil doesn't. :)

hmmmm, did not know that and hopefully I'll remember that if anything happens to make me have to bring my phone in to Verizon

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score

hmmmm, did not know that and hopefully I'll remember that if anything happens to make me have to bring my phone in to Verizon

Yeah i learned that when i had to have my phone replaced for the backlights. Thank god the girl was cool and just took off the Zagg screen protector and acted as if it were never on there lol. She told me if the phone has a Zagg screen protector or any screen protector that involves liquid in the installation they aren't supposed to replace the phone at all.

Threepio

Reaction score
I bought the regular three pack ones when i got my Droid...the first one the salesperson put on, and it had like 5 specs of dust underneath...i was like dude wtf.

The other two i tried getting on there perfectly but they kept messing up. So i threw those out.

My friend used to have an iPhone and he had this clear covering made by Zagg, called invisibleSHIELD. It was really a nice covering. it actually improved the feeling of touch screen ability and didnt leave as many finger prints. It also comes in two types one just has the screen protector, the other you can get that covers the whole phone.

I bought the whole phone kit online two days ago for $22 shipped (with promotional code found on retailmenot.com) I should have it soon and i will install it asap and let you guys know how it turns out.

Heres the site...

ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | iPhone, iPod Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Reaction score
Thanks I love the actual Skins... from zagg But with all the trouble I have with them and returning my phones... I would hate to spend the money on the skins...
Cant wait to hear how the protectors are.. I have wasted so many with this stupid bubbles and fibers etc... they make me so angry!!! :)

Threepio

Reaction score
i just finished installing my invisible shield took my about 45 minutes. because there are quite a bit of small pieces to work with if you get the full body kit. But now almost the entire phone has been covered.

Its currently sitting under a heat lamp to help dry the adhesive on the backside. so i havnt turned it on yet. i will be sure to report back when i am using the phone again to tell you all how i like it.

*edit* a little while while later....

So its been a while since i installed the shield. and so far i like it. no real decrease in touch screen abilities. i actually like it better. the phone also is easier to grab now, instead of being all slippery. which i like. i think itll be less prone to dropping out of my hands now.

Last edited: