Screen Protector for S5?

alexander2020

Reaction score
Well there are few options. I heard that amazon has some good screen protectors. But I have been using this

Apple iPhone 5s / 5c / 5 Screen Protector - GEARMAXX High Quality Dual Pack

for my iphone since few months. As far as I am concerned about the looks and the functions, I have not witnessed any kind of flaws and this store of gearmaxx was able to find me an ideal one. The price is $14.99 which is reasonable for me.

5s.jpg

I am quite happy using this product.

markbravo2014

Reaction score
Hey guys! I found a great deal on a 2 pack of screen protectors for the S5. Do you think the new S5 needs a screen protector? Did you guys find any good deals for the new S5?

Better safe than sorry. But you should not go for any screen protector. Go for a brand that provides you quality at a minimum price. I use Gearmaxx screen protector on my phone and my screen looks great. I got it from ebay and I'm really happy with its scratch resistant quality. I installed it as soon as i got my new s5 because I did not want to ruin my screen with scratches. They shipped for free too!!! Here is the ebay link.
Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen Protector GEARMAXX Ultra Clear | eBay

biglilome

Reaction score
Better safe than sorry. But you should not go for any screen protector. Go for a brand that provides you quality at a minimum price. I use
Gearmaxx screen protector on my phone and my screen looks great. I got it from ebay and I'm really happy with its scratch resistant quality. I installed it as soon as i got my new s5 because I did not want to ruin my screen with scratches. They shipped for free too!!! Here is the ebay link.

seems like everyone is enjoying the Gearmaxx.. I think i should look into this! :)

lexie007

Reaction score
Better safe than sorry. But you should not go for any screen protector. Go for a brand that provides you quality at a minimum price. I use Gearmaxx screen protector on my phone and my screen looks great. I got it from ebay and I'm really happy with its scratch resistant quality. I installed it as soon as i got my new s5 because I did not want to ruin my screen with scratches. They shipped for free too!!! Here is the ebay link.

how long does it last? is it one of those screen protectors that need to be replaced every month? I want to try Gearmaxx too but I can't buy it without knowing if it will last.

pdoyle

Reaction score
Hey guys! I found a great deal on a 2 pack of screen protectors for the S5. Do you think the new S5 needs a screen protector? Did you guys find any good deals for the new S5?
I always use a screen protector...the Verizon basic ones turned cloudy quickly. I'm really happy with a couple that are applied with a spray, and squeejee; though the first time I used too much pressure and cracked the fragile Droid Maxx HD screen. This I really like on my GS5, only $5 on Amazon;
Skinomi® TechSkin - Samsung Galaxy S5 Screen Protector Premium HD Clear Film / Lifetime Replacement Warranty Ultra High Definition Invisible and Anti-Bubble Crystal Shield for Galaxy S 5 - Retail Packaging (AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon, US Cellular, Boost Mobile)

markbravo2014

Reaction score
how long does it last? is it one of those screen protectors that need to be replaced every month? I want to try Gearmaxx too but I can't buy it without knowing if it will last.

the screen protector will do its part but you have to be careful too. avoid dropping your phone too often or keeping it in the same pockets with keys. Apart from that, I think Gearmaxx is a really good product to keep your screen safe from damages and it lasts long too. I used it on my older phones too and I was really satisfied with its quality. Its not a product that you have to replace so often!

da2zoe

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
Shattered S5 Screen.jpg

Aiy yai yai!! Had sickening moment late this afternoon just 2 weeks after getting my S5. My heart sank and some very colorful and inappropriate phrases flew around as I watched my beautiful S5 bouce off the cement curb - screen first. I knew it was going to be bad and almost didn't want to pick it up.

There is a happy ending though. Just last week I had Verizon put on one of their tempered glass screen protectors. WHEW! I was a nervous wreck until the VZ guy took it off...but my S5 screeen was totally pristine and untouched! Not even a little mark or scratch! Had it not been on my phone, my screen would have been toast.

I highly, highly recommend getting one of these! Both my hubby and I kept our S3's nekkid and they still look great more than 2 years later, but I had a feeling I should get something for my S5...and am SO SO glad I followed that instinct! Quite honestly, I got the tempered glass protector primarily because it does a great job reducing fingerprints and smudges. My hubby liked how nicely it feels that he got one as well.

I've shared this over on S5 Forum (and CR6 started a convo with a teaser over on S3 Forums showing only the cracked screen with no explanation) but I thought it would be appropriate to post here as well...
rolleyes.png