Screen protection

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So what happens if you accidently drop it and it shatters? Gorilla can't do much for me if its all cracked up on the ground!:)

That's why I keep mine in a case. Otter box defender.... it a safety thing for me

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

ballzdeap

Reaction score
So what happens if you accidently drop it and it shatters? Gorilla can't do much for me if its all cracked up on the ground!:)

I've been pretty rough on my phones, dropping them all the time onto concrete, trying to catch it and only smacking it even further away, and the screen hasn't cracked. The screen on my og droid finally cracked when I accidentally sat on it, but luckily I was eligible for upgrade at that point. Now that I'm aware of my clumsiness, I have an OtterBox on my Razr, and it looks like new despite having been dropped three or four times so far.

TatDroid

Reaction score

Correct. And a screen protector won't help either - although it may help keep all the pieces together to make cleanup easier.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Plus accidently get some sand or fine dust floating around in your pocket with your phone and you will see just how easy it is to scratch Gorilla Glass. Screen protector all the way, worth 15 bucks for two protectors to keep screen safe.

bullswife98

Reaction score
I have a Zagg, screen protector on my Razr. Why wouldn't you want to protect your $300/$600 dollar investment?! This baby has to last me till my next upgrade providing I even want to by then.

William_04_x

Reaction score
Plus accidently get some sand or fine dust floating around in your pocket with your phone and you will see just how easy it is to scratch Gorilla Glass. Screen protector all the way, worth 15 bucks for two protectors to keep screen safe.

I'm constantly around abrasive materials, so I always use screen protectors. I just replaced the original SP from initial purchase. My display looks brand new again. I'm sure I'd have a scratch or two without them.

From RAZR MAXX

Willheis

Reaction score
I have a klear kare screen protector that I got off of amazon, and it is great. Its a wet application SP, so that means you can position it exactly where you want it, plus if you get dust or anything on it, you can just wash it off and start over. After using it, I probably won't ever go back to regular screen protectors. Plus they're cheap!

cdf3

Reaction score
I had the Verizon screen protector, but eventually took it off. It showed more fingerprints than the Gorilla Glass.
Wondering if I will be fine without one, or try a different brand.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sava700

Reaction score
I had the Verizon screen protector, but eventually took it off. It showed more fingerprints than the Gorilla Glass.
Wondering if I will be fine without one, or try a different brand.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I found a few protectors off ebay and they are in transit to me but I wonder if its just a waste as doesn't that Gorilla Glass supposed to be very touch against any kinda of scratches or dents etc etc..?

Willheis

Reaction score
johnolenardo said:
@rosariorose9

I purchased mine through Amazon as well. How's your protector going so far? Mine has been really solid, and I'm quite happy!

I've had mine on my phone for about 2 months now and its great. It seems to absorb scratches, because it still looks brand new. It hasn't peeled up or anything. I am very impressed.

Laur3nNewm4n

Reaction score

RazrMaxxOwner

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Zagg invisishields, I go to Best Buy and they install it for an extra fee. I would rather have them do it, no bubbles and it lasts as long as the phone. It never needs to come off and cleans very well.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
RazrMaxxOwner said:
I'm a big fan of the Zagg invisishields, I go to Best Buy and they install it for an extra fee. I would rather have them do it, no bubbles and it lasts as long as the phone. It never needs to come off and cleans very well.

I like the zagg as far as protection.... I just couldn't get used to the feel of it. I felt like I was trying to glide my finger over a racing tire. Really grips well lol. That's my only dislike about the zagg, oh and under the defender screen protector, it took on a very wet grainy appearance.

I know its not designed to be used like that, I do it for added protection... I go to the beach alot

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!