Screen protection

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by Brad91, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Brad91

Brad91 New Member

VERIZON sells the anti glare or anti scratch screen protector for razr maxx...which should I get? Opinions comments on what's better ..what do u hv? What to buy
    Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  2. LoudRam

LoudRam Well-Known Member

On my last phone (DINC) I used a screen protector. It worked well. On my phone now I use nothing because it has Gorilla Glass and I keep it in a case on my belt not in my pocket where it could get scratched.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2.
  3. Steve H

Steve H Member

NONE...................the gorilla glass is fine without any protection. I have had a Droid since they first came out, today I received my MAXX, none of my D1's (4 of them) nor my DX have ever had a scratch on the glass.

ps.......I rough on phones
  4. RockmanSolo

RockmanSolo New Member

I second that. Gorilla glass is tougher than any screen protector you're going to find.
  5. johnm93359

johnm93359 New Member

I have a Droid 4. Screen really smudges with fingerprints. Are there screen protectors that are more resistant to prints and smudges than the actual screen? I used to have a blackberry storm with a $3 Verizon generic protector, and didnt have this issue.
  6. RockmanSolo

RockmanSolo New Member

I used to have an anti glare screen protector that seemed to help reduce smudges. You could see if that does the trick for ya.
  7. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

I have always used the Verizon screen protectors on all our phones...the ones that are clear, not the anti-glare. I also have Verizon apply it because there is always someone there that does an excellent job. It is so hard to tell that the screen protector is on that I accused my son w the incredible of taking his off only to find out that it was actually still on.

On another note, I have found that you can see the Razr screen very well in bright sunlight. Better than any phone I have ever had (og Droid, incredible, charge). In addition, I was outside with my son who has the rezound and he noticed how well I could see my screen where he could not at all. Very happy with my Razr!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums
  8. ballzdeap

ballzdeap New Member

In my opinion, it can't hurt to be safe. A screen protector is $20-$30 max, and you're not really out anything by putting one on. I had one on my Droid 1, and that phone went through hell. My dog got ahold of it and put some pretty impressive teeth marks on the screen, and when I pulled the protector off, there was no indication anything happened at all. I can't say for sure if the Gorilla Glass would have held up on its own or not.

However, depending on how hardcore you are about the image quality of your screen, you may not want anything. When I put a protector on my Razr, I noticed a slight haze over the screen. Its really only noticeable on white backgrounds, and it isn't drastic enough to bother me, but like I said if you're a screen purist, you may want to take that into consideration.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  9. monkey_man

monkey_man New Member

I use screen protector for all my phones, but I don't purchase them in store. I bought my screen protectors via internet as they are cheaper and on par. Like ballzdeap said, it can't hurt to be safe whether or not the glass is gorilla corning. It can also increase your phone resale value if you like to change phones within months.
  10. cece5702

cece5702 Member

That gorilla glass some are referring to has been known to break and shatter on a number of people that post on this board. As beautiful as it is...I still recommend protecting the screen from scratches, etc. Just when you think its safe......
    You just never know. I'd rather be safe than sorry!!!:)
  11. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

Not to mention that Gorilla Glass can actually be scratched. I know a lot of people are convinced that it can't be, but it definitely can be.

I always use a screen protector. If you get a decent one, you won't notice that it's there, and it won't affect the clarity of the screen or the sensitivity in any noticeable way.
  12. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I've said it before... I always use a protector because I'd rather have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

13. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

It takes a LOT to scratch Gorilla Glass. Your average metals (coins, keys, etc) won't do it. The problem is that many Gorilla Glass screens have an anti-glare coating. That WILL show hairline scratches - and is why many people think they've scratched their Gorilla Glass.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  14. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

I suppose, to me, to protect this anti-glare coating it makes sense to protect it w a clear screen protector. Enough people have complained about scratches on their gorilla glass (or this anti-glare coating) that I would not be happy having those scratches. I can't even tell I have a screen protector on so it is well worth that peace of mind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums
  15. cece5702

cece5702 Member

So what happens if you accidently drop it and it shatters? Gorilla can't do much for me if its all cracked up on the ground!:)
  16. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

That's why I keep mine in a case. Otter box defender.... it a safety thing for me

17. ballzdeap

ballzdeap New Member

I've been pretty rough on my phones, dropping them all the time onto concrete, trying to catch it and only smacking it even further away, and the screen hasn't cracked. The screen on my og droid finally cracked when I accidentally sat on it, but luckily I was eligible for upgrade at that point. Now that I'm aware of my clumsiness, I have an OtterBox on my Razr, and it looks like new despite having been dropped three or four times so far.

18. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

Correct. And a screen protector won't help either - although it may help keep all the pieces together to make cleanup easier.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  19. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Plus accidently get some sand or fine dust floating around in your pocket with your phone and you will see just how easy it is to scratch Gorilla Glass. Screen protector all the way, worth 15 bucks for two protectors to keep screen safe.
  20. bullswife98

bullswife98 New Member

I have a Zagg, screen protector on my Razr. Why wouldn't you want to protect your $300/$600 dollar investment?! This baby has to last me till my next upgrade providing I even want to by then.

Search tags for this page

anti glare vs anti scratch

droid maxx screen visibility in sunlight
droid x2 anti scratch screen
glare free screen protector for razx maxx
how anti scratch is the razr
how to reduce glare on droid razr maxx

protect screen for droid razr maxx

razr maxx anti glare
screen protector for droid razor maxx to prevent glare
smudge proof screen protector for razr maxx