Screen protection instillation help

mxb15

Reaction score
Hi, I am getting my new RAZR tomorrow and was wondering if the people working at the local Verizon store would install a screen protector for me?

I all ways do a terrible job installing them, so having someone do it would be a relief.

Please note that I purchased the phone online, not through the Verizon store. Also, do they sell quality brand screen protectors at the stores? and what would be the estimated cost?

Thanks

asdfghjkl_em

Reaction score
they should install them for you, if you ask. last time I bought screen protectors in the Verizon store they were about $20 for a pack of 3. then I started buying them from Amazon for $3.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

OP
M

mxb15

Reaction score
I have read on forums that Ghost Armour make the best protectors, do most Verizon stores carry these? Or does it really matter? Thanks for the help though! :)

eeeeevo

Reaction score
Installing is a breeze if u know what 2 do. TIP #1---use 2 pieces of scotch tape and apply it to the non sticky side of the screen protector. (Top and bottom). This will substitute ur fingers from getting fingerprints or oils from ur fingers. And it will help with alignment. Good luck and then later good job!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jimmerz97

Reaction score
I have a screen protector on mah Droid razr atm. If you were to buy some at Verizon, they will install it for you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

surge

Reaction score
I bought a three pack. Installed it myself but I used all three before I got it right. PITA

jimmerz97

Reaction score
There are these high quality screen protectors you can buy online that come with some liquid and a small sponge that you can use to remove oil and other stuff. I just saw the product on YouTube.

xtremeosiris

Reaction score
Also depends on the tech at the store. Some really don't care and just slap it in and since most of the protectors at the store are cut smaller than the face there is more room to put it on crooked or include bubbles.

One tip I have heard but not tried is to do the application in the bathroom with the shower running full hot to slow the steam to drop the dust particles. Again I have not tried this but it may help. Just be patient and if you want get a wet applied protector as then you can spend time aligning and whatnot before committing to its location.

RazrAnthony13

Reaction score
Also depends on the tech at the store. Some really don't care and just slap it in and since most of the protectors at the store are cut smaller than the face there is more room to put it on crooked or include bubbles.

One tip I have heard but not tried is to do the application in the bathroom with the shower running full hot to slow the steam to drop the dust particles. Again I have not tried this but it may help. Just be patient and if you want get a wet applied protector as then you can spend time aligning and whatnot before committing to its location.
XtremeGuard screen protector works well, you can find them on ebay & amazon

droid_mania

Reaction score
Installing is a breeze if u know what 2 do. TIP #1---use 2 pieces of scotch tape and apply it to the non sticky side of the screen protector. (Top and bottom). This will substitute ur fingers from getting fingerprints or oils from ur fingers. And it will help with alignment. Good luck and then later good job!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I recently saw this tip on youtube review. It was quite interesting how that works. Thanks for sharing!:happy3:

satarecah

Reaction score
There are these high quality screen protectors you can buy online that come with some liquid and a small sponge that you can use to remove oil and other stuff. I just saw the product on YouTube.

Zagg invis sheild.