Screen Pattern Lock

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Maybe there is a bug in the pattern code. Try switching to pin and then see if it will let you turn that off.

OP
brute48

brute48

Reaction score
I tried switching to the password, and to pin number unlock methods. That is no problem. Those are the only choices I can go back and forth to. It seems like now that I have put the phone to a higher level of security it wont let me go back to anything less than pattern, pin, or password.

dclaywilson

Reaction score
I have this problem too. Were you able to resolve?

In my settings>security window, under the "select screen lock" option, I have "none, slide face unlock and pattern" all grayed out with the phrase "disabled due to device encryption" printed under each. The only option I can tinker with is PIN and Password.

OP
brute48

brute48

Reaction score
I still have not resolved this issue. Mine is the exact same as yours. I am kinda glad I am not the only one trying to figure this out.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
It says "disabled due to encryption," did not realize you guys were getting that message. I know on the galaxy nexus we have the option to encrypt the device, you guys didn't do that did you? Not sure how to reverse it but it gives us somewhere to start looking if that's the case.

OP
brute48

brute48

Reaction score
I know that I didn't choose to encrypt mine. Not sure how to disabled that if it is.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Yeah I'm not sure either. But if you didn't do it then that's probably not the case. Unless you think it could happen by mistake which is not likely since I believe it is a timely process.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

dclaywilson

Reaction score
I may have encrypted mine on accident

I am using my phone for office email through an outlook exchange server as well as gmail and basic apps. Could the set up of one of these have caused me to encrypt my phone? Other co-workers using the same phone and the same email setup do not have their phones encrypted. If it happened accidentally I would like to change it back to the un-encrypted setting assuming it doesn't cause too much headache for me to change. I have no idea how to change it back BTW.

splyle

Reaction score
Had the same issue with the pattern lock. When I clicked on the pattern lock to try to turn it off, all I got was the pattern screen. I entered the pattern and it opened up was able to take the lock off.

teguhsuroso

Reaction score
its so very easy.
go to setting
search security menus
search any menus for credentials.
klik menus of -> c l e a r c r e d e n t i a l s.

done !

Last edited:

teguhsuroso

Reaction score
because of an error or the use of an unknown person, a certificate from the menu credentials installed.
then swipe menu, face and other choise become gray