Screen Overlay

Liberty76

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
The other day I took a picture and went to share it on my Facebook page.

All of a sudden I get this message telling me to give permission to allow Facebook to access photos , media and files. I clicked allow and I get another popup telling me to turn off screen overlay. I open settings and get to the screen where it says select apps to allow their buttons and all that.

Anyhow , I can't turn it off because I keep getting looped back to the same problem.

Anybody know whats going on and how to fix this? Everything is up to date on my phone so I know thats not the problem. Or perhaps it is because this started happening after the last software update.

Thanks for any help you guys can give me.

jplemt

Reaction score
If you have an app that makes on screen buttons, changed the display color at night to help with eye strain or anything like that it will prompt you to turn it off to change permissions. It's just a security feature to prevent an app from accepting permissions on your behalf without your knowledge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

OP
Liberty76

Liberty76

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S5
If you have an app that makes on screen buttons, changed the display color at night to help with eye strain or anything like that it will prompt you to turn it off to change permissions. It's just a security feature to prevent an app from accepting permissions on your behalf without your knowledge.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thank you.