1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Screen orientation

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by sberguem, Mar 25, 2012.

1. sberguem

sberguem New Member

Problem with screen orientation, what's triggering it & what's the solution?
    It sucks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  2. SallyC

SallyC Well-Known Member

Your problem doesn't have a lot of details, but have you tried Menu, Settings, Display and uncheck Auto rotate screen?
  3. sberguem

sberguem New Member

My setting is correct - auto orientation is checked - the problem is corrected only when I power the phone off then turn it back on but keeps doing it again

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
  4. ankittanna87

ankittanna87 New Member

Un-check auto correction & don't power off. Once re-booted, it will go back to default setting of auto correction
  5. geweckespg

geweckespg New Member

orientatio

I have the same issue. We want it to auto rotate and it isn't. When i power off and back on it auto rotates fine for awhile but then for some reason just stops working. Settings are checked for auto orientation but doesn't auto orientate even after holding a position for some time. I've only had this phone for a week and wish i didn't have these annoying issues. Hope we can figure this out.
  6. ultra09hd

ultra09hd New Member

The home screens? They don't auto rotate ...just when in apps it will.
  7. geweckespg

geweckespg New Member

Won't totate in apps either. Browser, text, etc. I can two finger rotate photos in text app but nothing else. Have to restart then works fine. Also found that google sky map doesn't function right until i restart phone and that works off of the gyro in the phone. I'm stumped might need an OS update to fix. Fix this android please!
  8. ultra09hd

ultra09hd New Member

Must be your phone ...mine has rotated auto, less the home screens, since out if the box...
  9. fiffer13

fiffer13 New Member

I am having the same issue. It is in all apps that should detect the gyro, i have made sure the setting are appropriate for the rotation to work. Ive had the issue for about two weeks now.
  10. med0404

med0404 New Member

This is an issue for my Razr too! The appropriate selection was made in settings, but the screen will not rotate at all. This is so frustrating!
  11. ultra09hd

ultra09hd New Member

Check your auto kill apps...I had some stuff killed that stopped it from rotating. Not sure specific one...

sent from a RAZR on mah Harley.
  12. taperk600

taperk600 New Member

Hmmm.... mine's been having the same problem now too.... starts when texting but effects all apps that would normally rotate.
    Have to power down & restart to correct. Started about 3 weeks or so ago and has been becoming more and more frequent as time moves on.

Phone bought at release date in November, but issue is recent for my phone. Must be another sign that I need to trade for the Maxx ....
  13. rotordroid

rotordroid New Member

My Maxx does it too....
  14. amadeuss

amadeuss New Member

backups?

Have any of you backed up stuff with TB and then restored the apps and system? Mine started doing the same after a hard reset and restoring the data with TB. Just a thought. I had no time to reset it again and aee if that fixes the problem.

UPDATE: I wrote the message from my phone and now I have access to a PC. So...
    What happened to me was this: I wanted to Reset the phone to the Factory Settings but wanted to keep my apps and data.
    I used Titanium Backup Pro and backed up apps and data and restored them after the Factory Reset.
    I noticed that YouTube and Veetle had problems when I turned my phone in landscape mode. YouTube did not go to full screen and double clicked. It turned in landscape mode then back in the regular one and could not watch the video full screen. Then, after a few tries it would block itself in landscape. I tried numerous times to check/uncheck the Auto Screen Orientation option in Settings to no avail.
    What I did I Factory Reset my phone again ( I just have the time :)) and reinstalled all the apps from the Market (Google Play) and apk's. This time I did a fresh install and no data restore no nothing. i did not use my Titanium Backup so I fresh took it from zero. No problems so far. I was afraid that the sensor was broken but it seems there is a glitch or something with one or more of the applications I had installed or with the backups restored on my phone. Hope this helps.
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2012
  15. Robotics

Robotics New Member

This is most definitely a problem with this phone, and the Maxx. Its all over the internet...people complaining about this issue. Google/Motorola needs to address this with their next update (if they can). It is a well known issue.

I do some video streaming off my phone at times (and the video sucks for one) and I even have the screen flip over when there is a drastic light change coming in to the lens while streaming. And the phone is stationary the whole time.
    (sitting on a desk)
    And of course it happens browsing the web, texting, etc.

One can only hope it will be corrected. Don't even try to fix it yourself with any suggestions you get here or else where. There is nothing you can do to.
  16. StephenC

StephenC New Member

I have never heard of this problem, and my RAZR doesn't have it. I even had this phone torn completely apart at one point, still no issues. Maybe it's an app you guys have installed or something... any after market task killers?

Sent from my resurrected DROID RAZR that I rebuilt myself
  17. lovemyram4x4

lovemyram4x4 Member

Those with the auto rotate issue, are you in areas with signal levels?

[​IMG]
  18. jnwilliamson

jnwilliamson New Member

I was having the exact same problem with mine. I read this entire thread and saw where some suggested that certain apps may be causing it. I went back and deleted all the apps that I had download from around the time that the problem started happening, and viola! It worked! Didn't have to reboot or anything. It took a matter of seconds. I think I narrowed it down to the 'screenshot ultimate' app. But it could have been another one. Thanks for the suggestions guys!
Search tags for this page
adjust razr gyro
android screen orientation doesn't change
droid razr gyroscope calibration
droid razr gyroscope not working
droid razr maxx gyroscope calibration

droid razr maxx gyroscope problems

droid razr orientation not working

droid razr screen orientation

fix for android razr google sky orientation

motorola razr screen orientation

razr maxx change orientation