Screen On With Car Charger??

bawoo49

Reaction score
I may have dreamed or imagined this, but . . . I recall reading somewhere that the RAZR MAXX will remain on while the phone is plugged into a car charger.

I have searched the forum and looked at the RAZR MAXX settings and cannot locate any information on this feature. Of course the screen on my MAXX is not now remaining on.

Thanks!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Go to Settings>Developer Options>Stay Awake, check that and it will stay on when being charged. Be careful though on leaving it on too long with a static screen these screen types have seen some instances of people getting screen burn in.

OP
B

bawoo49

Reaction score
Go to Settings>Developer Options>Stay Awake, check that and it will stay on when being charged. Be careful though on leaving it on too long with a static screen these screen types have seen some instances of people getting screen burn in.

Thanks for the info and tip. Since we now seldom see a CRT monitor, I had not thought about screen burn-in. I will have to reconsider setting the MAXX screen to remain on. Now . . . If I could find a screen - saver Android App . . . :blink:

Reaction score
I was having the same issue. The only thing with that setting was the screen still dims out a few seconds before the screen timeout setting. I downloaded Tasker and set the screen to stay at full brightness when plugged in and charging. The cool thing about Tasker is you can set the screen timeout time to a max of 24 hours vs the Maxx's display settings of 10 minutes. This is the key to keeping the screen on while charging and not still dimming.