Screen on/off

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Timberwolf, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Timberwolf

Timberwolf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently tried Ultimate Droid 3.0.0 beta. Wasn't fully function but I really liked it, and has some very good potential IMO. One very noticeable feature was turning the screen on and off it just didnt go black or turn on. It had a little animation where the screen seemed to almost minimize to the middle with whatever it was displaying then as it got to the end it went white, then the screen turned off. Its fairly difficult to put into words of what happened. If you have tried it you probably noticed it right away. The 3.0.0 build was based off gingerbread I believe, because my phone said the OS was 2.3.1 the question I'm asking is if this is able to be flashed to other ROM's that are based off 2.2 or 2.2.1 or if it's a ROM/gingerbread specific feature?

2. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Ratings:
    +6
    No Gingerbread-based ROM is fully functional. Won't be for days or even weeks.

It's possibly simply an animation install, but I wouldn't count on it. Most likely it's Gingerbread-specific.

3. Timberwolf

Timberwolf Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alrighty. Thanks for the fast reply.

4. ZeroBarrier

ZeroBarrier Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Also what you are trying to explain is basically an old CRT screen turning off, but maybe you're to young to remember that.

Damn, I feel old now.

5. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Ratings:
    +6
    Oh, is that what it looks like on Gingerbread? Going to be sweet when more stable ROMs hit, then. :D

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.